Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoBB

OMFG!@#

7 posts in this topic

http://www.twotowersprotest.org/

Can you believe this shit? They say the second lord of the rings movie was "named" the two towers to capitalize on the events of september 11th and not because its based on a book written WAAAAY before sep 11th, 2001 called the two towers. And certainly not based on the two towers which play a significant role in the movie. God this kind of shit pisses me off.

Sum ppl are just stupid. Maybe these ppl hav never heard of the book, but even if this is the case, they should have done their homework. They should start protesting against something real, like TCPA/Palladium. There's an idea...

now you've just got to be fukkin kidding me. Didn't any of those ppl crack open the two towers book and check the publication date? As a matter of fact, I don't think that the "Twin Towers" in NYC were even constructed when "The Two Towers" was published. fukking people :grr:

EDIT: Just to get the facts straight. The Book that became "The Two Towers was first published in London in 1954. The Twin towers were constructed in 1972 and 1973. :rules:

I respect the people but the world isnt going to change history because of an occation that happened. You dont see us renaming movies because Tornados claim billions of houses...

hey i was looking on that web page and there seems to be a link on that pageright here that brings you to some sort of log in screen. but if you click edit you have the option to change things with this account, even the password. stupid protesters!

twirlz: I saw that also, but it will not let you make changes without the password. (I tried :roll: )

everyone: This *HAS* to be a joke. I cannot believe that ANYONE doesn't know that this is based off of a book that was written many years before the incident happened and in fact before they were ever BUILT in the first place.

a quote from By Blake M. Petit from http://www.heraldguide.com/lifestyles/may0...02/stepaway.htm

For the three of you who don’t understand why this petition now rivals “Celebrity Boxing” as the stupidest media event in human history, allow me to make it perfectly clear.

“The Two Towers” is the name of the book the movie is based on, and was published 47 years before the World Trade Center was hit!

Furthermore, the entire movie -- all three “Lord of the Rings” movies, in fact -- was filmed prior to September 11. Prior. As in before. So unless you believe that Peter Jackson knew something was going to happen and chose not to inform anyone in the hopes that it would ultimately translate into higher ticket sales, this petition is just plain ignorant.

No one is debating that what happened on that day was a tragedy. It was a horror far beyond anything many of us have seen in our lifetimes and certainly more than we ever hope to see again... but this Klerck guy has driven right up to the border of “Senstitivetown” and “Looneyville,” run over the security guard and trucked deep into goober country in a cartoon Model T.

The very fact that this guy is now infamous enough for me to know his name (Kevin Klerck! Remember that! If you ever encounter a Kevin Klerck, make fun of him!) proves two things:

1. Anybody, if they’re stupid enough, can make a name for themself online.

2. If more people could be bothered to read books instead of getting all of their information from “Entertainment Tonight,” there would be far fewer stupid people on this planet.

BWAH-HAH-HAH!!! and how funny is THIS!!! http://www.petitiononline.com/Aq7rFf/petition.html It is a petition to PETITION THE ORIGINAL PETITION!!!

Finally, after a little google-ing I discovered that this schmuck is a known TROLL and is somewhat infamous on slashdot for being a troll. This is what a troll does. He gets people all pissed off by posting OBVIOUS fake stories that are just ludicrous enough to make people respond.

The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore him. He will go back under his bridge if no one pays attention to him.