Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
m2mike

Identifying a cordless phone from the movie, "The Score"

7 posts in this topic

There is a very short scene in the movie, "The Score", when Dinero's character is checking messages on his answering machine. That answering machine is the base receiver for a cordless phone. I know this because I used to be in possession of a similar model of cordless phone. I identified it because of how the voice prompts sound.

I am hoping someone knows who makes that model of phone. A lot of those voice prompts are the same across different models of cordless phones. Does anyone know what manufacturer of phone is in that scene in the movie? You have the voice prompts to listen to in the movie and you might catch a glimpse of it, too.

I figured this would be a good place to ask since the binrev demographic probably loves this movie and phones as well. :)

I am pretty sure it is a Panasonic cordless phone after listening to it again. If you want to hear what I am talking about, then look for it at almost 54 minutes into the movie. It is right after the scene when Deniro's character calls the computer criminal/gamer guy and asks him to participate in the heist.

Confess I didn't see the movie, but I'm confident it would have been a Panasonic KX-TG6447 or at least one of the models in the KX-TG64xxxxx series. It's the latest range Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phones that include text to speech technology. It operates in combination with caller ID to announce whose calling in between rings. Also a talking alarm clock feature and it will tell you when the handset batteries need charging (they're staandard AAA NiCads).

To my knowledge Panasonic is the only manufacturer currently offering these features.

Hope this helps - BTW it's a great phone.

There is a very short scene in the movie, "The Score", when Dinero's character is checking messages on his answering machine. That answering machine is the base receiver for a cordless phone. I know this because I used to be in possession of a similar model of cordless phone. I identified it because of how the voice prompts sound.

I am hoping someone knows who makes that model of phone. A lot of those voice prompts are the same across different models of cordless phones. Does anyone know what manufacturer of phone is in that scene in the movie? You have the voice prompts to listen to in the movie and you might catch a glimpse of it, too.

I figured this would be a good place to ask since the binrev demographic probably loves this movie and phones as well. :)

Edited by PhoneTool

So I finally rented The Score today...

http://thoughtphreak...thescore-am.mp3

Anybody think this sounds a little too robotic for Panasonic? Even for 2001. The voice prompts they have now date back to somewhere in the nineties. For reference, here's one of the same phrases from the answering machine in the movie from a real Panasonic; http://thoughtphreak...c-endfinal.wav I spotted a Uniden cordless phone a little earlier in the movie, so I have my money on them.

Anybody with an older Uniden care to clear things up?

Well.. that does sound exactly like my Uniden.