Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mangospork

Improving GTK looks in Qt environments

4 posts in this topic

So, recently my gentoo install failed after 1 year plus of working off the same install. I sought for an alternative, I started using Debian as a replacement, it's nice. I'm in testing, I installed kdefull via sid (Version 4.3.0), using

apt-get -t sid install kdebase

and everything is cool and all. Though my applications like Iceweasel, Pidgin, and alike are gtk based. In gentoo, and other distros I've used in the past there was a package that had settings, just curious what it was in Debian. I'm questioning moving this into the Noobie board, but what the hell.

Thanks a bunch, maybe I'm just a bad google-ist. :3

So, recently my gentoo install failed after 1 year plus of working off the same install. I sought for an alternative, I started using Debian as a replacement, it's nice. I'm in testing, I installed kdefull via sid (Version 4.3.0), using

and everything is cool and all. Though my applications like Iceweasel, Pidgin, and alike are gtk based. In gentoo, and other distros I've used in the past there was a package that had settings, just curious what it was in Debian. I'm questioning moving this into the Noobie board, but what the hell.

There are a few packages out there to make gtk apps use qt themes, however most of them have weird graphical issues. They looks alright generally, but sometimes scrollbars will get fucked up or other minor annoyances.

There are a few packages out there to make gtk apps use qt themes, however most of them have weird graphical issues. They looks alright generally, but sometimes scrollbars will get fucked up or other minor annoyances.

Hmmm, well. I used gtk2-engines-qtcurve and gtk-qt-engine. No improvement. Makes me tear. :wacko:

Hmmm, well. I used gtk2-engines-qtcurve and gtk-qt-engine. No improvement. Makes me tear. :wacko:

Hah! Got it, the first place I should have checked. The gtk settings, I just hadn't activated the packages I downloaded and installed. It was a quick, select, then ctrl+alt+back. And it's all look'n shmexy. dissheet.png