AlexZ

Which is the best audio player?!

32 posts in this topic

I'd say VLC... Killer player... It's got some advanced equalizer effects... Banshee ain't too bad...

<------------->

Cheers,

Zee5han

XMMS is my all time favorite. Audacious is quite nice too.

Audacious is my first pick everytime. But I like simple, just play the friggin music players and get annoyed with the do it all players.

Just need the player, equalizer and playlist and I'm good to go.

There is a newer project called QMMP, which is quite nice. Simple, straight-forward and no fluff.

http://code.google.com/p/qmmp/

XMMS is my all time favorite. Audacious is quite nice too.

Audacious is my first pick everytime. But I like simple, just play the friggin music players and get annoyed with the do it all players.

Just need the player, equalizer and playlist and I'm good to go.

There is a newer project called QMMP, which is quite nice. Simple, straight-forward and no fluff.

http://code.google.com/p/qmmp/

@eldiablo

Installed it last night after reading your reply. Had most of the dependencies installed already just needed 4 files for the install.

Played several albums with it, I like it. It's default treble bias seems to be a little higher then Audacious and it uses a little more ram and cpu%. I'm on and older box circa 2003 so I have to pay attension to the little things.

Thanks for the tip sir.

VLC for GUI and mpg321 for the terminal.

I know this thread is old but I haven't seen anyone recommend Goggles Music Manager. Google it and check it out. It's very lightweight and straight to the point. Ever since i've learned about it and started using it; I haven't looked back.

I know this thread is old but I haven't seen anyone recommend Goggles Music Manager. Google it and check it out. It's very lightweight and straight to the point. Ever since i've learned about it and started using it; I haven't looked back.

Huh, hadn't heard of this one until now! Looks like it doesn't do anything other than organize and play music, plus there's a prebuilt Arch Linux package. Thanks for the suggestion.