Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r4p1d

U.S Cyber Challenge

18 posts in this topic

The US Cyber Challenge is looking for 10,000 young Americans with the skills to fill the ranks of cyber security practitioners, researchers, and warriors. Some will become the top guns in cyber security. The program will nurture and develop their skills, give them access to advanced education and exercises, and where appropriate, enable them to be recognized by colleges and employers where their skills can be of the greatest value to the nation.

I saw a news article about this recently, so I applied for the Dc3 Digital Forensics Challenge!

I was accepted this morning!

Let's get this game started!

Anybody who meets the requirements, apply here: http://csis.org/uscc

If you don't meet the requirements to compete in this challenge, you can still download the Forensics challenge at www.HomeOfTheGeeks.com

Please don't ask ME how to do the challenge, I'm actually competing and don't want any interference.

Releasing information on this challenge to anyone NOT in your team can disqualify you.

I STRONGLY ask that you do not release specific information that could help competitors.

This includes uploading a "HowTo.txt"with the original challenge to another site.

DO NOT download the challenge from my site if you were accepted into the challenge, I don't think it would harm anything, but let's just be safe to assume that doing so could disqualify you.

Edited by R4p1d

this might be interesting, let us know what the challenge is like.

This is definitely going to be interesting, the FEDS are recruiting publicly!

Do they do a background check? :ninja:

Why wouldn't they? And if your selected for one of the 10,000 "officials" you better believe you will be signing your life away with security clearances.

Why wouldn't they? And if your selected for one of the 10,000 "officials" you better believe you will be signing your life away with security clearances.

Okay, that was a dumb question, especially considering my mother had GS* something as a military nurse; while my father had big-time COMSEC (i think) clearance with the FAA... The FAA, even back in 70's, when my father started, were big-time security conscious...

My father, in the 80's after the strike was training some new recruits and was showing them how to log into the FAA systems and just typed a bunch of garbage for demonstration purposes, then got drilled by the internals for 12hrs the next morning, asking what account he was trying to access....

I'm just happy to be accepted into the program, I used my public Alias/Handle even.

I'm currently uploading the Digital Forensics Package to my website for any person who doesn't meet the requirements, but may still have interest in doing the challenge.

There will be a link on my homepage within 4 hours, so check back.

(It's a 5.4gb package)

www.homeofthegeeks.com

Well shit, I'm in. I feel like this is Willie Wonkas golden ticket.

You can now download the 5.4gb Forensics Challenge from my website.

(You have to apply and be accepted to actually submit your work)

http://www.HomeOfTheGeeks.com/

Edited by R4p1d

Myself and three other of my regulators have been accepted. I'm downloading the files at this very moment.

Myself and three other of my regulators have been accepted. I'm downloading the files at this very moment.

Congratulations!

Yeah, well. Save the congratulations, until I make any actual progress. ;)

I singed up for the NetWars. It seems like other programs I have done.

I will tell you how it goes. I get my first file in 10 days.

Wait, do you have to be in the damn ROTC to do "Cyber Patriot"? They don't really make it clear.

Edit:

CyberPatriot requires mentors. The other two competitions do not. CyberPatriot teams must be supported by the AFJROTC or CAP unit associated with their high school, and each team is required to have a team advisor designated by their unit.

Got it.

Edited by Spyril

The US Cyber Challenge is looking for 10,000 young Americans with the skills to fill the ranks of cyber security practitioners, researchers, and warriors. Some will become the top guns in cyber security. The program will nurture and develop their skills, give them access to advanced education and exercises, and where appropriate, enable them to be recognized by colleges and employers where their skills can be of the greatest value to the nation.

I saw a news article about this recently, so I applied for the Dc3 Digital Forensics Challenge!

If you don't meet the requirements to compete in this challenge, you can still download the Forensics challenge at www.HomeOfTheGeeks.com

Please don't ask ME how to do the challenge, I'm actually competing and don't want any interference.

Releasing information on this challenge to anyone NOT in your team can disqualify you.

I STRONGLY ask that you do not release specific information that could help competitors.

This includes uploading a "HowTo.txt"with the original challenge to another site.

DO NOT download the challenge from my site if you were accepted into the challenge, I don't think it would harm anything, but let's just be safe to assume that doing so could disqualify you.

Any way of still getting that package for those who do not qualify. I don't see it on the site.

Well, I wish good luck to all you guys entering it. I had a whole damn crew that was ready to roll on the computer forensics challenge, but we all got too busy at once...

Very disappointing...

If they spent half as much time on their own system security asthey did on these contests....

Any way of still getting that package for those who do not qualify. I don't see it on the site.

You can still get it here: (Right Click "Save-as") -Download-