livinded

milw0rm is closing up shop

18 posts in this topic

It looks like milw0rm is no longer taking submissions though the site will probably still remain up at least for a while...

"Well, this is my goodbye header for milw0rm. I wish I had the time I did in the past to post exploits, I just don't :(. For the past 3 months I have actually done a pretty crappy job of getting peoples work out fast enough to be proud of, 0 to 72 hours (taking off weekends) isn't fair to the authors on this site. I appreciate and thank everyone for their support in the past.

Be safe, /str0ke"

That is very sad... Peopel don't realize how much work it takes to run a site like that. I really liked milw0rm a lot. :(

What a shame, it was a very nice site. :cry: milw0rm was a great resource for knowing exactly what was widely exploited, and was a fairly good resource for papers and videos from people who know more than what a cursory google search would turn up.

RIP milw0rm.

This is definitely sad news :( I enjoyed scrolling through milw0rm and browsing through google looking for unpatched http servers...

Long live milw0rm.

Maybe it may be a good idea for us to mirror the site, maybe download it to a disk to preserve the wealth of knowledge that is offered there?

I mean, minus all the video's, the text side of the site wouldn't be much larger then a few hundred MB?

Just an idea

Maybe we could mirror it?

Maybe you can explain in a little further detail?

Because you know...I have this domain being hosted for me...with unlimited disk space, bandwidth, etc. (And I'm not even using it right now)

Oh man, that seriously sucks :cry: milw0rm was one of the best places to look for exploits, like a search engine for vulnerabilities. It will be missed.

milw0rm, you will be missed... So long, and thanks for all the phish!

Maybe we could mirror it?

Maybe you can explain in a little further detail?

Because you know...I have this domain being hosted for me...with unlimited disk space, bandwidth, etc. (And I'm not even using it right now)

What's to explain... Make a mirror of milw0rm...

Looks like everyone else is trying to mirror it too. The site looks like all their bandwidth is saturated.

Oh man that sucks. Do you think it would be too much start a similar project under the binrev name?

Looks like everyone else is trying to mirror it too. The site looks like all their bandwidth is saturated.

Yeah...Page load error....wtf lol

It's back up: "milw0rm's back up & posting will start once again, I can't let all of the emails in my submit box to just sit there."

It's back up: "milw0rm's back up & posting will start once again, I can't let all of the emails in my submit box to just sit there."

Confirmed here ->

and before that, were str0ke to quit he said that he would hand it off to someone ->

I'm really glad to hear milw0rm is going to continue. Milw0rm is a very important part of the community and it just wouldn't be the same without it. I generally do not subscribe to RSS feeds but milw0rm is one that I have actually subscribed to for a while and continue to check on a regular basis.

Good news ;-)

Here's a little more info into what's happening...also it appears things have stabilized since he's acquired an army of volunteers to help with the ginormous work load.