lam3r

My lame phreaker guide

22 posts in this topic

Im posting the original one, the one Ill paste will be edited with no bad words or illegal things because this is binrev and I follow the rule..

http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=93460

Got something I should add?Did I mess up something?Just tell me, thx

Just take a look at it, I put all last night writing it.

-lam3r

Edited by lam3r

I dont care what you do with this information

Caller ID spoofing

1.There are services like phonegangster.com and spoofcard.com that you can pay for[CARD IT(dont)] or use the 3 3minute trials they let each number use

2.Set up your own asterisk box and us a voip provider to spoof.Me thinks docdroppers has a tut on this

3.Use up all your free trials?Call a conference that drops you in when you call it(usually 218 area code) and then use a proxy to have the trial call the conf and spoof your number to w/e you want.This is a great way to make anonymous calls

ANI and Cid are different things.

Hello?Hello?Hello?Hello?

Using skype you can add up to something like 24 callers at a time, try calling all the 7-11s in your area at the same time or call a whole family and listen to the confusion.

Voicemails

Lots of voicemails today can be broke into by spoofing you number to match the other persons.If there is a pin itll ask for it; tricks to finding it would be to SE the owner, try the last 4 of their social or their birthday or try simply stuff like 1234, 0000 and 1111 (lots of kids use those)

Boxes

Forget boxes, most of that shit stopped working years ago.The only ones I find that are useful are the beigebox and busybox(if your into that "ninja shit")

Beigebox

Its just a phone with alligator clips and maybe a mute switch if your trying to be stealthy.You can also make a cordless beigebox, just search youtube. Beigeboxes are easy to use, just clamp the gater clips onto the appropriate wires or screws.TNI boxes(little ghrey box that says telephone network interface) are on the side of most houses(does it got a phone jack?Then just plug in your phone), there are also other telco boxes and stuff you can try to mess with.Google beigebox for instructions on making one.

Busybox

Put it in the TNI or something to make their phone stop working.Google for instructions

Redbox

Im just adding this because people still say it works where they live.Payphones say a company like Verizon on the side, if they dont then its a COCOT.Hopefully its running off ACTS, lots of payphones dont though.Redbox tones can be found at thisisarecording.com and you can put those on a ipod or something.Most payphones usually mute the mouthpiece and disable the key pad until your money in, so you might have to find a vulnerable payphone to do it without operator assistance.I dont think you can call out of area by redboxing, anyways press 0 for operator and say there is cum on the keypad and you want her to dial a number for you or something and she asks for a quarter then you play the recording.Seriously, forget redboxing..prob wont work and Im not sure if Im 100% right

Never give out your number again

brring.com gives out phone numbers that when called will forward the call to your phone, this has its uses.

Cant Dial a Number?

Tapping

Using this hook or switch to hangup on older phones you can make calls without pressing buttons.Hangup once to make 1, three times for 3, 10 times for 0 and so on, using this you can call a number.This was used in the movie Hackers

DTMF Tone Dialers

Pick one up on ebay.They make dtmf tone prdouced by pressing buttons, play the dtmf tones into the phone.Each button makes a different tone, some people can tell a number by listening to the tones.There are programs that also tell you, useful for getting pins and numbers

Diverting

Op Diverting

Press 0 or whatever to call your operator and say your blind or have no arms and you want her to call a number for you, she does and ANI fail happens so the person getting the call answers to a unavailable caller or sometimes itll show as the phone companies number

Diverters

Diverters are numbers you call and then enter another number you want it to call and the number will show up as it diverters number.I think a lot are just pbx's that people cracked using default pins and stuff.So youd call a pbx enet *1 or something for the voicemail then enter the passcode which is set to default or easy find out like #0000 then once in you press 0 to dial out if it lets you.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

First 3 is the area code, next 3 is the prefix and last 4 is the suffix

Grandcentral

grandcentral.com, Go get one!You can call all your phones through it, leave messages and stuff.

Asterisk

Open source

SimpleVoiceBox

http://simplevoicebox.com/

Its like a pbx thing that you call.Uh Johnnyhackers aids was made using this

Canning

Some people go into those underground sewer things with the bell logo on the lid.You can lift the lid with your bare hands, but I would never go down there since they are filled with water.Theres a lot of stories in .txt files about this, but a lot is probably hogwash.

Phone Mob

A bunch of people call into a radio show that takes calls

Shouldersurfing

Looking over the shoulder of the guy using the phone in the airport to get his phonecard details and stuff

Paid Conference

Ok heres how to set up a conference that costs money, like $10 setup fee and $1 for each caller every minute.Beigebox a house and call 800-232-1234, tell em you want to want the conference charged to your phonebill and theyll call you back to confirm.Then get all your friends to call the conference number and run up their bill.

Payphone ate my quarters

Tell the operator that and theyll send you a phonecard worth that amount

Bell Truck Looting

Beat up the driver and take his hardhat, buttset and test equipment.

Store Intercom

Find a phone in a isle or behind the register?Press page to speak over the loud speaker thing.Sometimes you need a code, try walmart.Youre no long able to mess with the intercom for these store without being inside them, well thats the case for the majority of them, exception might be some grocery stores and possibly homedepot.Its also worth mentioning that you can answer the phone in walmart and talk to customers on hold

Cordless phones

Ok if a store has a cordless phone and you happen to own the same model you can bring your phone then place it on the base for 5 seconds and youll be able to make calls, answer calls ect while in the store

Aids

641-715-3800 access code is 4005082

Johnnyhacker set this thing up, its got all kinds of useful info

Test #s

Datus

Datus are test numbers used by linemen to test it the line has sound, they require pin and are found by scanning.

Remob

Extremely hard to find numbers used by the FBI to listen to any landline.They of course need a pin

Loops

1 person calls a number like 888-888-8888 and another calls 888-888-8889 and the 2 numbers can talk

Ringbacks

Used to see if the line is working right

ANAC

800-444-4444 call it, reads your number to you

Scanning

Uh fat losers usually scan whole exchanges and post their findings.Its basically calling a whole series of numbers like everything in 831-236-xxxx

Blocking your number

Try *67xxx-xxx-xxxx

Unmasking Caller ID

trapcall.com is a free service.Some free voicemail services capture ANI from the callers even if they block their number.800 numbers unmask caller id. This if your up to it

Voice synthesizer

Basically text to speech, there are some nice ones online.

Wardialing

Something calls numbers for you and tells if its a fax of something.Call also be used to piss people off.iWar wardialer is the only voip one

Swatting and messing with 911(dont DO IT!)

Swatting is getting the cops to send a swat team or police to your enemies house and get them in some serious shit.You can get cops to show up if you make threats to a random person and spoof your Cid to you enemies.Call the police station from a payphone and say that your enemy has stolen goods or something in his closet, look in your local police blotter for ideas.Calls are only as realistic as YOU make them.

911 is supposed to be secure with traceroute or something, but mess with them anyways.Pick up a prepaid cell from somewhere and dont activate it, then use it to call 911 and report fake emergencies and stuff.The can only get your general location from cell towers, but remember that they record calls.You can call through voip, I might make a tut later.

ShadowFax

800-837-1818

Stupid kids on my partyline always use this to fax people and piss em off

Textdialer.com

Calls them and tells them your message.

Voicechanger

Look for av diamond voice changer on piratesbay, works with voip

Soundboards

Lame unless you made it

Phone book like tools

http://tnid.org/

whitepages.com

DumpsterDiving

"hey look I found a half eaten bagel!"

Scanners

Kids stop asking about what scanners listen in on cells and cordless.Only old scanners from the early 90s and 80s can pick that up the right frequency, but no one uses analogue cellphones or cordless phones now.I got a old ratshack scanner and a new one though.

Free call

Call a phone company department and pretend to be a tech and ask them to transfer you somewhere and give them the number.Thats pretty damn similar to the outside line trick or the #90 thing

Phreak Conferences

The PLA bridge and Telephreak are the main two but there are a couple others.You learn a lot sometimes on them, at other times people flood or theyre empty.You can set up a conference with freeconcall.com

Goog411

Awesome free business 411 number 1-800-Goog-411 and 1-877-Goog-411

Try making your house a googbusiness that way you can call home free with skype.Payphones wont call it here, Ill try a COCOT tomorrow

Social Engineering

Get basically whatever you want.Shutoff phones, have people set off alarms, see who they called, get their info ect ect

Cellular cloning

Suppose its still possible.Most info out there are shitty 90s .txt files though.Anyways...you steal their sim card details or whatever and clone that and put it in a cellphone, the calls you make get charged to them

Ip Relay

A service for the deaf mainly used by 10 year old to make prank calls.You type words followed by GA and the operator says it.

http://www.sprintip.com

Anonymous texting

Use a SMS to computer service found by googling.Ipod touches also have a free program you can use.

Partylines & Partyliners

Though I run a paryline I hate all partyliners and so should all phreaks.They cause drama and have no life and thats why you should mess with them.Owning your own partyline is difficult because you basically play the part of the babysitter.Google Uncensored Partylines to get your own, they pay money for every 100,000 minutes you bring in.If you ever mange to get a admin room code you can enter it in the room or at the site and you can begin taking over the room or partyline by blocking callers, kicking them and causing chaos.The admin panel also shows the first 3 and last two digits of all the callers ANI

Callback

If youre ordering a pizza or something and the guy wants your number to call back and confirm the number you tell him then give him the number to a conference were it drops you in and where there is no greeting (many just say something like "4 callers") wait in the conference and he'll call it and you can be say "hello" and hell ask "confirming the order for 10 large pizzas" and just say "I ordered those" and the pizzas can be sent to wherever you want

Phonehog

phonehog.com, do surveys and get phonecards

Answering machines

Download manuals off the internet and try the default remote code or ask the owner

Charge someone else for your call

Use 3rd party billing.Charge it to a random number and say your name is someone in that house and maybe the person thats home will just accept.

Ive heard stories of people changing the greeting on answering machines to "yes.Yes" and using 3rd party billing to get them charged

800 numbers

Free to call, unmask blocked numbers and have stupid people or automated operators

900 numbers

Can only be called with a landline and gets charged to your phonebill.Not worth calling or owning a 900.Run up someones bill by calling a ton.

Forwarding calls

*72xxx-xxx-xxxx

Try forwarding the display phones in verizon to your favorite long distance number and when you get home call the display phones and youll only get charged for calling a local number I think.Also forward your friends phone to yours and when there mom cals say you have her son and you want a million dollars or else.Take phone 1 and forward to phone 2 then forward 2 to 1 and call one, it makes a endless loop and keeps ringing.

Bluesnarfing and Bluejacking

One lets you send little message the other can download people contact list to your device.

Listening to voip conversations

Its been said before that you can listen in using Cain

Other Stuff

Shit, theres all kinds of stuff.Like all my friend does is steal tech id badge numbers and use default pins for 800 numbers to forward them to his house and other places so he doesnt have to pay for it

Reading Material

phonelosers.org good .txt files and radio

artofhacking.com .txt files

binrev.com good forum

textfiles.com .txt files

docdroppers.org how tos

Edited by lam3r

This without doubt is the best textfile I have ever had the pleasure to read. Do you have anymore wonderful insights into the world of phreaking?.

Canning:

Underground cable vault manhole covers weigh 90 lbs. and have no convenient hold points, so there's no way you're going to lift one up without a crowbar. They are often filled with water, especially after a storm, and have poor air circulation which almost guarantees you'll asphyxiate if you hang out in one for any length of time unless you ventilate the vault. The cables in the vault are thoroughly sealed and (are supposed to be) pressurized to keep water out, so getting access to a pair in one is problematic.

Canning is the same as beige-boxing. Until the late 1980s, we called it canning. Then someone decided to call a modular-alligator clip cable a beige box and it became beige-boxing. Go though the back issues of TAP http://gbppr.dyndns.org/2600/TAP/ for some historical context on this. Specifically see TAP Issues #51 and 84.

Cordless Phones and Police Scanners:

Even with DECT 6.0 phones down to under $20US at local odd lot/job lot places, there are still analog phones being sold, especially phones with split band operation on 900Mhz./2.4 Ghz. and 900 Mhz./5.8 Ghz. 'Nuff Said.

Every phone phreak should have a couple pieces of wideband receiving equipment in their toolbox. You'd be amazed what's out there on the airwaves these days.

Canning:

Underground cable vault manhole covers weigh 90 lbs. and have no convenient hold points, so there's no way you're going to lift one up without a crowbar. They are often filled with water, especially after a storm, and have poor air circulation which almost guarantees you'll asphyxiate if you hang out in one for any length of time unless you ventilate the vault. The cables in the vault are thoroughly sealed and (are supposed to be) pressurized to keep water out, so getting access to a pair in one is problematic.

Canning is the same as beige-boxing. Until the late 1980s, we called it canning. Then someone decided to call a modular-alligator clip cable a beige box and it became beige-boxing. Go though the back issues of TAP http://gbppr.dyndns.org/2600/TAP/ for some historical context on this. Specifically see TAP Issues #51 and 84.

Bare hands canning

Even with DECT 6.0 phones down to under $20US at local odd lot/job lot places, there are still analog phones being sold, especially phones with split band operation on 900Mhz./2.4 Ghz. and 900 Mhz./5.8 Ghz. 'Nuff Said.

Every phone phreak should have a couple pieces of wideband receiving equipment in their toolbox. You'd be amazed what's out there on the airwaves these days.

Didnt know they still sold those, Im gunna see what I can find.

So, you're promoting carding, calling in bomb threats, swatting, and making false calls to 911, yet you make fun of "10 year old losers" who do dumb shit like use IP relay to call confs...

I'm guessing that you're a 15 year old loser. Don't forget to beat up those 10 year olds and take their lunch money. maybe if you steal their phone too you can call it phreaking. Oh wait, you included that too but only if they are "negros."

OH MAN THIS IS THE LEETEST THING TO COME OUT OF THE UNDERGROUND PHREAKING SCENE IN 10 YEARS!

OH MAN THIS IS THE LEETEST THING TO COME OUT OF THE UNDERGROUND PHREAKING SCENE IN 10 YEARS!

I knew youd love it murdoc, thats why Ive always loved you.

So, you're promoting carding, calling in bomb threats, swatting, and making false calls to 911, yet you make fun of "10 year old losers" who do dumb shit like use IP relay to call confs...

I'm guessing that you're a 15 year old loser. Don't forget to beat up those 10 year olds and take their lunch money. maybe if you steal their phone too you can call it phreaking. Oh wait, you included that too but only if they are "negros."

Thats just how we roll over here and Im actually a 17 year old pimple faced dork

Thats just how we roll over here and Im actually a 17 year old pimple faced dork

No shit? :) This is a most super l33t underground txt file I have ever seen!!!!11!! you sure as shit show those lame 10 year olds eh? :)

Sounds like we've got ourselves a closet partyliner ;)

This person should have been banned by now. Posts like that bring the wrong attention to the good, ethical people out in this community/forum. Nobody is impressed by your childish and destructive text. No one wants to call a bunch of http://www.simplevoicebox.com numbers that anyone can create themselves either. How about you grow up and stop associating with a bunch of criminals who do nothing but bring serious problems to the hacking/phreaking scenes.

Stop whining, I told you it was lame anyways..but seriously who cares if it can be useful to newbies.Stop trying to control information and nobody cares about morals.Oh and Hail Satan!

:) Edited by radio_phreak

Ha, control information? If you're some sort of newfangled phreaking troll, then I, sir, congratulate you on having such a unique strategy to get everyone to come out of the woodwork and yell at you.

So speaking of which, who wants to start the phreaking gestapo? We can drag retards out of the forums kicking and screaming with black bags over their heads, never to be seen again ^_^ .

I found it interesting. I know very little about phone phreaking (doesnt seem to be much of a community here in the UK) and it was nice to see a few phrases and techniques defined.

I found it interesting. I know very little about phone phreaking (doesnt seem to be much of a community here in the UK) and it was nice to see a few phrases and techniques defined.

Be certain what you're accepting is credible information, though. Even by just skimming through, I found something to have been pure speculation. Take a look at the section on call forwarding. This would all be true, but in even the most goofy, messed up switches, there's a loop detection algorithm to keep just that from happening. The gist of it is, when you forward a call, the switch takes note of that. If all of the sudden, another call (or a couple of calls, it varies depending on the switch's leniency) comes in under a certain amount of time, it goes "Uhh, hang on a sec. Didn't I just deal with you? Yeah, no, I'm dropping your call. Come back when you've calmed down a bit." It's defeatable, of course, but major carrier networks are pretty fast. The most I've ever tried it with is four forwards in opposite sides of the country from each other, and it put it to a stop pretty quickly.

This is for the most part US-Centric information, we dont have things like Swatting in this country, 411, ring back for Pizza places etc. If however you're interested in learning more hit me up and I will do my best to answer, if I can't then I definetly know people who can answer you. Oh and keep an eye our for the new Phreaking zine a few of us are putting together, there will be tons of new and relevant info in there.

This is for the most part US-Centric information, we dont have things like Swatting in this country

You don't want to feel left out. Time to start your very own Swatter Krew! ;)

Edited by decoder

Canning:

Bare hands canning

Didnt know they still sold those, Im gunna see what I can find.

bare hands canning FTW. of course there are "hold points" if they are clogged with mud or dirt use a pen or pencil and clear them out.

and this one is better:

:P

Edited by trevelyn

You don't want to feel left out. Time to start your very own Swatter Krew! ;)

Nah man that's far to high skilled for me :rockon: :lol:

Edited by radio_phreak

Interesting videos... I stand corrected. Apparently some manhole covers are easy to open up.

Not that I'd recommend going down in one though.