Irongeek

ARPFreeze: Makes static ARP tables easier

6 posts in this topic

One of the problems with static ARP is it's kind of difficult to use. On more trusted networks (your home network, for example), it's less likely that someone is going to break in and ARP spoof you. This will (or should) prevent that, but the risk there is pretty low unless you're running an open AP. On networks where this is really a danger (open APs, especially in public places), unless you know the MAC ahead of time then you cannot use this tool.

I can think of a few uses for something like this. Last year i had a mate at Uni living with some other people he didnt know too well and he was worried that they were stealing his online passwords so i showed him how arp poisoning worked. It would have been nice if there was an easy tool i could have given him to help (not that i looked or anything). I myself am sitting at a library which i frequent quite often and it would be nice to point people to a program they could run to help them decrease the risk of arp poisoning (kinda moot on this network actually since its wide open anyway <_< thank god for ssl)

Edited by phr34kc0der

Pretty cool, IG!

I like the name also.

Thanks for the feed back. Maybe I need to add a profiles feature to it, that why you can change settings depending on where you are..

Really cool stuff Irongeek. Testing against ettercap seems to work so far. Looking forward to release 1.0 ;)