Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notyourtim

Toorcamp 2009?

7 posts in this topic

Is anyone thinking of going to Toorcamp this July? It's advertised as the first European-style hacker camp in North America on the grounds of an abandoned Titan-1 missile silo.

I registered back in April. I think it'll be worth it just to see several hundred hackers outdoors being exposed to direct sunlight.

This weekend I'm going to attempt to puzzle out this activity normal people call "camping" so I'll be prepared. In my experience this whole "outdoors" thing just makes it hard to find an Ethernet jack, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Washington is as far from where I am as Nevada. So should I go to Defcon or this... Hrm... :huh:

I'll be there. It would be cool if we had a BR camp.

THere are quite a few washington/idah BR's. It'd be tight to meetup.

So that's two people attending. Anyone else?

If you're planning on attending, please post in this thread.

If we get four or more attendees, I'll fill out the form to register a BR campsite, just for laughs.

If we somehow hit the bar of 10 or more attendees and qualify for the 10% discount, I suggest we choose the option to give everyone the discount on their admission to keep things simple.

If this occurs, I'll use my share to become a binrev donor to thank Stankdawg for running the site and bringing us together for this historic event. :D

If anyone has a better idea, please post. I'd be happy to pass the baton to someone who wants to do something more fancy.

Well.......................................................

Wished I could go to these damn things, but I am too broke. Ugg.. oh well.

At least my hearts in the right place since I'm wishing I could..

So do we only have two Binrevrs' going? Was trying to get a friend of mine to come with but his PO probably isn't going to let him go...