Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
813_Error

Salesman gets pissed

12 posts in this topic

Well I get a call early this morning that wakes me up, so I check it and its a 800 number so i answer it. Its a guy from the Florida Highway Partol, asking for my dad so I say its a wrong number and he keeps going. He says this call is recorded so I ask if I can record it and he said its fine, then he starts in trying to sell stuff. So I just talk about random things, and hes says "Thanks for wasting my fucking time" and hangs up...I lay back down laugh and go to sleep :P . Nice guy I think.

Anyway, do you guys ever get calls like this?

ERROR!

Well I get a call early this morning that wakes me up, so I check it and its a 800 number so i answer it. Its a guy from the Florida Highway Partol, asking for my dad so I say its a wrong number and he keeps going. He says this call is recorded so I ask if I can record it and he said its fine, then he starts in trying to sell stuff. So I just talk about random things, and hes says "Thanks for wasting my fucking time" and hangs up...I lay back down laugh and go to sleep :P . Nice guy I think.

Anyway, do you guys ever get calls like this?

ERROR!

Yeah 90% of the time its a scam man....Highway state patrol doesn't call for donations for anything anywhere.. they have put up advisories and stuff about the scam... he wouldn't have said what he did at the end there if he was a real highway patrol....u saved urself from getting ripped off :ninja:

Good Job! I would've done the same thing. It is a scam.

Real Highway Patrol men don't call for donations, there are companies of telemarketers that do the fund raising for organizations like the police, firemen, etc.

I got into a fight with one telemarketer who actually called me back a few hours later! :pissed:

did you actually record it if so you should let us hear it some time for fun, i got that call one time and I was like im really poor and the guys like well you can do installments then........he would not let me be, good i dea for this is to have you line be on a pc phone so you can record it and play it back to them so they get the shadow game but its them playing themselves.

raven

Well right as I was asking him I was trying to record it, right after he hung up I listened to it and the levels were to low...Hes been calling alot so he might call back tonight. If he does I WILL get it recorded the right way :P .

Obfuscated: you live in FL?

ERROR!

Then there's always the Sienfeld response of "I'm busy now, if you give me your home phone number I'll call you back.." ^_^

Yeah, the call I got said they were local guys, from the PAL (Police Athletic League). He even went to the trouble of saying "ya know, we're at the buiding right over there on assclown blvd." I let this guy go on and on while i was doing other shit...I would just say "yeah", "uh huh", and "oh, ya dont fucking say?" After about 15 minutes, I told him that I don't donate money to anyone unless they donate money to me first.. "So how much should I write you down for? Do you have your credit card?" When i said that, the dude was speechless, so I just hung up.

" Hello I'm calling from the Wheelchair Vetrans association .. would you like to buy some toilet seat covers to help support the vets of the war? " I love that one!

whoa while were on the topic of scams.....

my friends mom was tellin me the other day, how this old lady she knows, who is probably about 75, got scammed by some person in canada. Apparently they called and told her she had either won, or was going to inherate $750,000. So she was all excited and then he went on to explain how she would have to pay the $32,000 in taxes on that money by sending them a check. So she did just this and sent the check to someplace in Canada i guess, and never heard from the guy!

All i had to say was that it was her own fault for being so trustworthy in someone she didnt even know.

Hey natas where you been man, notta on the conf in a while!

ive been on the ddp confs alot lately...everytime i go on the voip no ones there?