Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shadowman3478

Is there anything I can do with this old barcode scanner?

12 posts in this topic

(besides the obvious)

Itermec ck60 barcode scanner.

Is there anything I can do with this? It runs Windows Mobile 5 but doesn't have a wireless card. it does have blue tooth but not more than that.

Is there anything i can do to it to make it connect to a wireless network? It seems like i can get it to connect through bluetooth through my cellphone to some sort of network, my cellphone makes a "data call" but nothing goes through and the website will never come up.

i attached a picture of it and a picture of the loading screen for reference..

thanks

post-18056-1242738183_thumb.jpg

post-18056-1242738201_thumb.jpg

Does it have USB port of any kind? It has to have some of getting data on there for when new products are released on the shelves.

It runs Windows Mobile 5 but doesn't have a wireless card.

Do you have a Data plan on your cell? Normally a incoming DUN/Bluetooth connection would call a 'special' number and then enter PPP mode with packets routed to the internet. Which provider are you on? Telus requires a username/password related to the phone's serial number (IIRC)

This is what I did with this unit:

gallery_7512_113_9080.jpg

Cheers,

Mungewell.

I should mention that if you just want to bring a data link up to a local machine (with Bluetooth) this can normally be done using PPPD running on a Linux machine and using a 'Direct Connection' on the WinCE end.

Some early notes are here:

http://www.handhelds.org/minihowto/wince-link/index.html

With a little hacking should be good to convert to a SER/Bluetooth port.

Cheers,

Munge.

(besides the obvious)

Itermec ck60 barcode scanner.

Is there anything I can do with this? It runs Windows Mobile 5 but doesn't have a wireless card. it does have blue tooth but not more than that.

Is there anything i can do to it to make it connect to a wireless network? It seems like i can get it to connect through bluetooth through my cellphone to some sort of network, my cellphone makes a "data call" but nothing goes through and the website will never come up.

i attached a picture of it and a picture of the loading screen for reference..

thanks

could you try taking it apart? it might have a memory card in it or a port you can access the flash disc on...

sofar its programmed for the purpose of inventory, you could hack it to play games or something cool.

indexphinger: i can try to take it apart, but first i have to go up to homedepot or something and get some 5 pointed screw drivers. i did some searching and got a memory card in it, but it's internal so yeah, gotta take it apart.

mungewell: i have a windows computer, no unix or anything like that unfortunately. any way to do it with windows?

phasma: it does have some sort of port at the bottom, but as far as i know it connects to the charging port they had in the store. maybe i can find just a mobile 2 usb cord online though.

phasma: it does have some sort of port at the bottom, but as far as i know it connects to the charging port they had in the store. maybe i can find just a mobile 2 usb cord online though.

If you can upload a picture of the bottom. It could be possible that the port is used for charing and or connecting it to a computer via USB.

i have a windows computer, no unix or anything like that unfortunately. any way to do it with windows?

MS Activesync?

You could try a bootable CD, something like Ubuntu would have everything you would need to get a PPP link working between PC and this device for trials...

Munge.

:) If you can send me the files on the card I may be able to make you a Custom Copy of Windows CE 6 you could try on a spare card if you can find one.

that way you could play tetris :P