Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redneck

Where to start?

8 posts in this topic

I am new to this. My knowledge level is very basic. I am very eager. And will contribute in any way that i can.

I have read that programming in c+ is must. I would like to know where to start. I pick up rather fast on things.

I have downloaded viruses just to see how things work and it just triggers me to learn more about the way things work. Any info would be greatly appreciated and will not be a wasted time.

Thanks Redneck

It's C++, not C+.

Programming C++ is not a must. I'd say programming is, though.

I can't help you much with how viruses work, but I can tell you you're going to need programming skills.

Viruses these days are written in languages like C, C++ and Visual Basic. I wouldn't recommend starting with C or C++ and I would recommend not to start with Visual Basic until you know what a good programming language looks like.

Start off with a more high-level language. I recommend Python.

Learn to write programs, show your code to other people and read other people's code.

When you have a pretty good idea of how to program, learn lower-level languages such as C and assembly after that.

Finally, you can start looking at virus code, disassemblies, find out how viruses work and start writing your own stuff.

If you're interested in computers in general, I'd also recommend getting a Unix OS. Google it. I recommend FreeBSD.

Learning the basics about hardware and networking would be good too.. Get a copy of VMware and few spare boxes to off ebay to run different types of Unix. Learn the OSI model and get skills at each level - from plugging cables in to writing socket applications..

As for a language to learn it depends on what you want to do.. Personally, I just do web development, but decided to learn Pascal so I can make native Linux, OS X, and windows tools...

Thanks I really do appreciate it.

an other language for programming that is easy to learn is C# and also handy for web development in the language asp.net.

Java is also a nice beginner language...It's pretty strict, so can help you not shoot yourself in the foot when starting out. It was my first (and so far only) language unless you count a few basic things in PHP and shell script.

I am new to this. My knowledge level is very basic. I am very eager. And will contribute in any way that i can.

I have read that programming in c+ is must. I would like to know where to start. I pick up rather fast on things.

I have downloaded viruses just to see how things work and it just triggers me to learn more about the way things work. Any info would be greatly appreciated and will not be a wasted time.

Thanks Redneck

Read This