Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seal

Rice Tea - Audiobook

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So I'm making an audiobook out of Rice Tea. I'll be releasing them here as MP3s. I'm going to try to release at least one chapter a day. If there's a demand for OGG I'll release it in that format as well. This is released under the creative commons, so share it, download it, do whatever you want with it (except selling it.)

Rice Tea, the Audio Book:

00 - Introduction and Prologue [4MB]

01 - Just Another Morning [2.7MB]

02 - University [6MB]

03 - The Digital Losers [5.6MB]

04 - Kerstin [3.2MB]

05 - Weekend Fun [12.5MB]

06 - The Challenge [14.3MB]

07 - Rice Tea [12.3MB]

08 - Return of the Blackhat [3.5MB]

09 - Chaos [13.5MB]

Update: I'm going through a shitstorm at work right now, due to restructuring and I taking on three jobs. The next update will be coming on Monday, May 18th. Sorry.

Edited by Seal

Hey guys,

So I'm making an audiobook out of Rice Tea. I'll be releasing them here as MP3s. I'm going to try to release at least one chapter a day. If there's a demand for OGG I'll release it in that format as well. This is released under the creative commons, so share it, download it, do whatever you want with it (except selling it.)

Rice Tea, the Audio Book:

00 - Introduction and Prologue [4MB]

Hey, this is cool!

Keep up the work, you sound really cool when you're reading this, you're clear, and straight to the point.

Nice job, I hope your contributions within the community inspire others to do the same, you're doing a great job!

Way to go Seal!

Sounds rather robotic. If that is your voice, you might want to have a few drinks and relax before narrating. ;)

Either way, good idea to reach further markets and provide further advertisement.

Edited by jabzor

Sounds rather robotic. If that is your voice, you might want to have a few drinks and relax before narrating. ;)

Either way, good idea to reach further markets and provide further advertisement.

I think this will be a good listen for those blind hackers out there.

For sure. :)

For sure. :)

:D

Sweet, i love audiobooks. Great for on the train or those nights when you're laying in bed and cant sleep.

Sweet, i love audiobooks. Great for on the train or those nights when you're laying in bed and cant sleep.

Too bad I don't have an mp3 player, I have a bad tendency of breaking mine.

Too bad I don't have an mp3 player, I have a bad tendency of breaking mine.

I've broken a few myself. Luckily they're pretty cheap (and i've been given a couple by friends when they stopped working, read: needed a firmware update!)

Edit:

Seal, you have a pretty cool voice but for some reason all i could think was you saying "Mr Anderson" ^_^

Edited by phr34kc0der

To write a book under creative commons and then do the audio yourself; very cool, man.

:D

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

Keeping up with my promise, I've released an update a day so far. Here's hoping I can keep this up for three weeks and get this done!

Nice, keep 'em coming.

Is that seriously your voice? I had my doubts about it not being you, because before some words there were breathes being taken and what not... but dude... that is the most robotic voice ever.. it's insane.. not a bad thing mind you... just....

have you spent so much time with computers that you have in fact started to meld to one?

Is that seriously your voice? I had my doubts about it not being you, because before some words there were breathes being taken and what not... but dude... that is the most robotic voice ever.. it's insane.. not a bad thing mind you... just....

have you spent so much time with computers that you have in fact started to meld to one?

My voice is powered by text-to-speech :P

This page is getting 100 views an hour. :blink:

My voice is powered by text-to-speech :P

Ha, I just thought of a text to speech program my tech teacher had for reading instructions to us while we were working on our labs. It would read periods and pretty much all punctuation. The great thing was that parts of the instructions had "......." and "------". Or it would get to a video, or a user input spot and you could enter a bunch of periods and it would just say punctuation for a couple minutes at a time... god damn that was so annoyingly hilarious XD

04 - Kerstin, first few secs:

*semi-robot voice* : "in a voice that did little to hide his exhaustion.."

*apathetic John-Wayne voice* : "hi Mom, how are ya?"

heh :D

Curious, planning on using female voice actors for the female roles / Kerstin?

Edited by jabzor

04 - Kerstin, first few secs:

*semi-robot voice* : "in a voice that little to hide his exhaustion.."

*apathetic John-Wayne voice* : "hi Mom, how are ya?"

heh :D

Curious, planning on using female voice actors for the female roles / Kerstin?

Nope, I'll be doing all the voices. I would love to have other people do the voice acting, but I just don't see it happening. I would need five people, including one female, to be able to commit a few hours *together* every week. Either that, or one really /really/ long session during a weekend. It doesn't sound like much to ask, but it is. Especially when there's no real reward for doing so.

A one-man-show can be done. Arthur Addison narrating the Neuromancer audio book convinced me of that. I wasn't at all distracted by the fact that a male was narrating Molly.

Edited by Seal

Nothing wrong with you doing it all, was simply curious the direction you had planned. ^_^