SUB-S0NIX

DEFCON 2009

63 posts in this topic

I'll be there again. Third year in a row : )

Anyone ever have success getting a job to pay for defcon? This is my first year in a job that might actually do it.. Ive been waiting for the presentation list to ask my boss. This way I could show him some specific benifits to my job.

The first year I went the company that was trying to get me to work for them paid for the majority of my trip.

I will be there. Got my room at the Riviera reserved, as well as plane tickets.

Someone mentioned reg being 120, I thought it was 80? Not that it matters, just want to make sure I have the cash on hand.

Edit: Also anyone going to have a car? I'd like to go to Toxic BBQ but need to find someone to ride over with.

Edited by Dial Tone

Registration's $120 this year. I'll have a car since I'll be driving down. The car will be reserved for other dudes, though.

There are carpools from the hotel to the TBBQ, if you don't have a ride you should be able to get one assuming you are social enough to ask someone. Or you can always take a cab, it's not that far from the riv and you can probably find someone willing to share a cab with you.

There are carpools from the hotel to the TBBQ, if you don't have a ride you should be able to get one assuming you are social enough to ask someone. Or you can always take a cab, it's not that far from the riv and you can probably find someone willing to share a cab with you.

Being social is not a problem, heh. If worse comes to worse I am going with a friend so splitting a cab is an option. I just figured it'd be better to find someone from here than a random person, who might have friends they already planned to give rides.

It's confirmed. I'm going.

Baaa..... I hate you all!!! I'd love to go again this year, but can't due to other commitments.

Watch out for the guys from the Calgary LUG, they're really mean and keep ragging on me being a wimp.... ;-)

Mungewell.

So I talked with StankDawg the other day on IRC. He related that he probably couldn't go. How are we going to get him there? I'd like to see him and I'm positive others here would as well.

So I talked with StankDawg the other day on IRC. He related that he probably couldn't go. How are we going to get him there? I'd like to see him and I'm positive others here would as well.

Bah TWO YEARS IN A ROW STANK??? WTH man : (

It would be good to see him. Only met him the one time at DefCon 15.

I've always wanted to go to defcon, for like 10 years now I think...

Maybe now that I am older and have money and such I will go to my fist hacking con! =)

I bet it would be so much fun, are people chill there or is it alot of BS?

I hear theres tons of feds there, not that it matters if they see me or anything....

<3

Well, as it turns out I got a great hook-up with a friend. His company is putting him up on their dime so I get to crash with him. We booked tonight, so I will be there.

Well, as it turns out I got a great hook-up with a friend. His company is putting him up on their dime so I get to crash with him. We booked tonight, so I will be there.

Awesome! :lol:

This will be a great big binrev-fest.

50/50 chance I won't be going. If I do I'll probably drive. Anyone from Eastern Washington that is going to drive down?

50/50 chance I won't be going. If I do I'll probably drive. Anyone from Eastern Washington that is going to drive down?

I'm in Salt Lake City, if you take I-90 to I-15, we could meet up and drive down the rest of the way together. Spokane to Salt Lake City is around ten hours, then Salt Lake City to Vegas is another 6 to 8. Here's a Google Map of how to get there. Salt Lake City is on the way.

I'm in Salt Lake City, if you take I-90 to I-15, we could meet up and drive down the rest of the way together. Spokane to Salt Lake City is around ten hours, then Salt Lake City to Vegas is another 6 to 8. Here's a Google Map of how to get there. Salt Lake City is on the way.

Last year I drove down via Salt Lake. If I am able to come I will get a hold of you.

I would go, but I think 15 is a too young of an age. It'll be awkward. And I bet many people will try to put me down with how much they know, but then I'll show them how much I know and 0wn their assholes, which adds to the awkwardness. I'll probably stay at the MGM Grand and only visit for the major presentations. OH! And I would loooove to see CTF. Learn something here and there.

Lattera, what you gonna try to present?

Edited by thepcdude

My talk wasn't accepted due to lack of spots available. Had I submitted my talk a week or two earlier, I'd be speaking. It was going to be on runtime process infection, a field I've been studying for the past while.

My talk wasn't accepted due to lack of spots available. Had I submitted my talk a week or two earlier, I'd be speaking. It was going to be on runtime process infection, a field I've been studying for the past while.

can u send it to me i will stick it up on my site.

I'd rather not. Besides, I have a site of my own I can put it on.

I may be able to make it this year. Depends on whether or not work gives up the days but if anyone (21 and older) is still considering and wants to drive down with me, assuming I go, send a message.

I'm in the SF bay area, and I got a sub-compact SUV which will comfortably hold 4 people. That number may change depending if some of my hacker buddies over here want to go. Economy has hit Cali real bad and people out here are cutting back on everything that isn't necessary.

-----Phail_Saph-----

Let's get zandi going to defcon! We need peeps there!

Let's get zandi going to defcon! We need peeps there!

The big cost is going to be the flight from Michigan.

I checked Travelocity, from Detroit to Las Vegas, return fare, is $230.

I'll pitch in $100.

Edited by Seal