Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SUB-S0NIX

Conferences... What happened?

11 posts in this topic

So nostalgia got the best of me and I sure as hell miss the good old days of calling up your favorite conference. Any one willing chat tomorrow night? Say 7pm pacific time? We could use telephreak.

I searched the forum for the old SoCal number but all of them are dead from what I found.

Sure, I can join. The time is good for me. I'll be blue boxing in from ProjectMF.

I might drop in too. So long as my electronics club doesn't run too late tonight...

As someone who is a constant PLA person, let me explain to you what happened to confs:

Morons. Invaded.

Yeah, a lot of confs don't get publicly posted for fear of becoming tardified. If someone wanted to drop a conf number specifically for binrev, it'd probably make a lot more sense. If it became a mess, it wouldn't ruin any existing confs.

There are some really leeb underground confs around. They're still all good :P

The good conferences are private, something only "the in people" know about.

As much as I don't like idiots ruining conferences, I'd rather have everything available to the public unless we're specifically talking about something very sensitive. We can always use a different conf if idiots ruin one. The idea about a specific Binrev conf isn't bad either. I don't enjoy idiots ruining a good discussion, but I don't think the scene should be private. We get mad about inactivity, but leaving people out isn't going to help it at all. That prevents the scene from growing. It shouldn't even be a scene in the first place.

I wish I could conf more, but college requires a lot more work than I expected....

I guess I'm "in" :D

Blah. Ya I miss conf'ing. I remember there use to be one that told callers it was going to charge $5.00 a minute or something to that effect. Pretty funny stuff. To bad I don't remember the number. Whatever happen to the SoCal bridge?