Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aghaster

AwakeCoding.com

20 posts in this topic

I bought the domain name awakecoding.com about two months ago, and I thought I'd learn how to use Joomla before I announce it here. However, I did not have the time to learn Joomla for what I wanted (I want to make my own Joomla design based on the one which is currently used, credits go to freecsstemplates.org for the template). Even if I have not set up Joomla yet, I've put my own projects there, and also stuff about me. I will eventually put much more than that. What do you think about the site's design? Does it look good?

I bought the domain name awakecoding.com about two months ago, and I thought I'd learn how to use Joomla before I announce it here. However, I did not have the time to learn Joomla for what I wanted (I want to make my own Joomla design based on the one which is currently used, credits go to freecsstemplates.org for the template). Even if I have not set up Joomla yet, I've put my own projects there, and also stuff about me. I will eventually put much more than that. What do you think about the site's design? Does it look good?

Cool website Aghaster!

It looks fantastic!

It looks great :) The orange is especially welcoming.

Hehe, thanks guy. Yeah, I also love the design, it fits with "awake" coding :P

It's Decent. Meaning it looks clean BUT its very "Template-zy". (Insta-web-site type deals you can get via most hosts these days with joomla). I would personally remove the text-title (Awake Coding) and replace that top part with a nicely designed banner/graphic. Also, the orange-links-bar background would look MUCH better if you use a bit darker shade of orange so the white links are easy on the eyes. (Or conversely, the current links-bar background with black text links)

You could also experiment a lot with the body area. (Ie: Using clean/polished icons for : comment/email/save etc right below your articles).

Overall, its a good site. Meaning, you have a good structure to build upon/experiment with.

I really like it.

And your book collection :D

Rootkits eh? ;)

I really like it.

Rootkits eh? ;)

lol yeah, you can see my books :P

Ohm made me realize I forgot to remove the Qbasic book for the picture XD

I really like it.

Rootkits eh? ;)

lol yeah, you can see my books :P

Ohm made me realize I forgot to remove the Qbasic book for the picture XD

I love your acer monitors, I don't know why, but Acers monitors look badass. ;)

Nice! Keep us informed when you add new stuff.l

Yup, I'll keep you up to date about stuff I add to my site. I got my final exams coming so I won't be able to work on it for the next couple of weeks, but then I'll get to work on the site.

Yup, I'll keep you up to date about stuff I add to my site. I got my final exams coming so I won't be able to work on it for the next couple of weeks, but then I'll get to work on the site.

Add some more pictures of your computers, I love hardware pron.

(When I say hardware pr0n, I mean computers) :D not this:

NSFW

EDIT BY AGHASTER: Sorry man, this is so disgusting XD

Edited by Aghaster

Add some more pictures of your computers, I love hardware pron.

(When I say hardware pr0n, I mean computers) :D not this:

NSFW

EDIT BY AGHASTER: Sorry man, this is so disgusting XD

XD lol

Nice site and really nice setup with the Sun... Like the C++ tutorial as well, great for beginners in C++ (like myself).

I've added a patch for the rdesktop project that I've been working on :P See the home page

I got a PM from someone requesting a pdf version of my C++ tutorial, I added a link to the pdf file in the projects section of my site.

I got a PM from someone requesting a pdf version of my C++ tutorial, I added a link to the pdf file in the projects section of my site.

Did you write that guide yourself?

Yup, it was a final studies project in high school. And yes, that is my real name on the document.

Yup, it was a final studies project in high school. And yes, that is my real name on the document.

It's a good guide, I think it's cool that you wrote it.

Edited by R4p1d

It looks great, though a tad bit barren with that orange on top.

If I were you, I'd supplement the orange top bar with a faint single-colour overlay. Look at the top of my blog as an example of what I mean.