Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R3c0n

Grandcentral relaunching...

3 posts in this topic

I got this email recently:

Hello GrandCentral User,

We are happy to announce that GrandCentral has been upgraded and is relaunching as Google Voice. While not yet open to the public, we wanted to give you, our GrandCentral users, the first opportunity to start using Google Voice.

In addition to the GrandCentral features you already know, we've added voicemail transcription, SMS support, conference calling, Goog411, enhanced spam protection and low-priced international calling. We have also integrated GrandCentral with your Google Account and your Google Contacts list.

To upgrade your account to Google Voice, just log in to your GrandCentral account and follow the directions at the top of your inbox. Upon upgrading, your GrandCentral number, PIN, and forwarding phones will be moved to Google Voice.

Note that since Google Voice uses the Google address book, your GrandCentral contacts will not be imported automatically. You can import your GrandCentral address book with these instructions. You will also need to recreate any individual/group settings and greetings.

After you upgrade, all your new voicemails will be accessible at Google Voice, while all prior messages will remain available at GrandCentral.

Thanks for being a great GrandCentral user and we hope you enjoy Google Voice!

Best,

Craig, Vincent, and the Google Voice team

Also Check: 15 Ways That Google Voice Can Ring Your Bell

Kind of crazy... google is literally taking over the world. In the next 50 years I bet google will have 90%+ total data available. This service is great though, I just logged into the new GoogleVoice and I am very impressed at the direction they are going with this. The interface looks very much like gmail. I think this has the potential to kill skype (Ie: being able to make free nationwide calls + conference without a computer...directly from your phone)

google-voice-2009.png

I am also looking at these two services (not free): CallCentric & InPhonex

Edited by R3c0n

Google is a good company with good intentions, I just hope it stays that way without invading peoples privacy.

I am also looking at these two services (not free): CallCentric & InPhonex

-1 million for CallCentric. They don't like our kind. Same with Teliax.