Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aghaster

Site Scanner

10 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if there are any good website scanners for Linux, that would try finding files which are hosted on a website but are not linked to. For instance, someone puts a "secret" /secret_images/ folder in his website, and his web site doesn't link to it. I vaguely remember a tool like that for Windows, but I can't remember the name, but now I'd like something for Linux. Any recommendations?

I believe OWASP's WebScarab will do what you are looking for. It uses either a word-list or bruteforce to find directories and files that are not linked to.. For windows there is a tool called Intellitamper that does the same... hope that is what your looking for...

I agree with with WhatChout, Nikto is really good for that sort of thing, hell I was using it just this morning and it gives you such good output.

I agree with with WhatChout, Nikto is really good for that sort of thing, hell I was using it just this morning and it gives you such good output.

Yeah, I gave it a shot a it really looks like a nice tool. Thanks WhatChout :P

I believe OWASP's WebScarab will do what you are looking for. It uses either a word-list or bruteforce to find directories and files that are not linked to.. For windows there is a tool called Intellitamper that does the same... hope that is what your looking for...

Any one happen to have a good word list to use or any suggestions?

Nikto is great. There are tons more apps like that on the Backtrack distro.

but nikto does not work on all the webservers...

it works only on some servers...

but i must must admit that the kinda scannig depth is very gud !

^_^

i havent tried but u can also try saint's products, i gues they come with backtract 4 and 3 versions. that is a framework that can suit the needs. i wonder tht if they work remotely... :huh:

Any one happen to have a good word list to use or any suggestions?

DirBuster has some decent lists..

I Forgot: DirBuster is a good tool as well.... Works on most every O/S since it is written in Java..

Edited by tekio