decoder

(ARCHIVE) some numbers

1,263 posts in this topic

This is an AWOS number that is located at the Houston Executive Airport.

I don't know if this is using magnetic drum or digital.

713-WEATHER(932-8437) and 281-945-5451

"Houston Executive Airport Automated Weather Observation - 1407Z (ulu) ......."

7139328437.mp3

The number was listed on this PDF: http://weatherscout.dolbyarun.com/SC_283_10JAN2013.pdf

Edited by ramsaso

now the AM transmitter number says "AM transmitter. Please enter access code, asshole"

This technically isn't a PSTN number, but I thought I'd share it anyway since it made me laugh. 317-3999 on the MCI Vnet network will get you a recording from a German call center. The music bed on there is so eighties it hurts.

312-924-9925 - "Your intra-LATA toll provider is SBC Local Exchange Carrier or a reseller of the SBC Local Exchange Carrier's network."

503-654-9900 - Synthesized voice, "AM transmitter. Please enter access code"

Hahahahahaha, that's so weird! Must be a software defect xD . Seriously though, I know that's the sort of risk you take when you post numbers publicly, but to be honest, I'm a little impressed. I wasn't expecting anyone to do that.

618-939-1209 - This is an error message from an Innovative Systems Applications Peripheral sitting on a GTD-5. One of the few GTD-5s that isn't run by a GTE descendant, actually. For some reason, whenever (and only when) it rings the AP, it plays a really quiet ring.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

803-894-9000-9004, 9006,9007 - A gaggle, murder, flock, and possibly even a posse of Sensaphones. 9002, 9004, 9006 are older models. All the numbers near these are subscribers, unfortunately.

(503) 532-1234 Here's a dialtone from Nike's Avaya PBX. *76 will make it act as if you're sending an incoming call.

(503) 532-1234 Here's a dialtone from Nike's Avaya PBX. *76 will make it act as if you're sending an incoming call.

​I'll see you and raise you one ;) - 815-256-9000

​If you press zero (or 0#; it doesn't seem to really listen for # signs as an end digit) , you'll get that Avaya warble tone, but it sounds like it might be made by someone else.

815-256-9999 is also a conference on that switch.

All numbers here are in 608-282.

0000 - <click> "Thank you for using Midplains"

0005 - click + warbly continuous 0 in DTMF

0087 - Deep voice, "Due to heavy calling, all our operators are busy. If your call is an emergency, please hang up and dial 0 for assistance."

0079 - Real, actual spoofing, courtesy of AT&T! A recording similar to 0087 will play twice, and then send you to an operator. The call will come to her with an ANI fail, and she'll manually identify with whatever number (within reason; it should probably be an ex-Ameritech number in the 608 or a nearby NPA) she gives you. The usual special needs/operator privileges/etc jig will suffice to have a toll-free call connected. Charge ANI will be sent as 608, and CPN will get sent as whatever you tell her.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention,the reason this spoofing trick works is because AT&T issued a fix to their TOPS tandems to stop operator assisted calls from producing ANI fails. The irony of it is beautifiul. None of the other LECs (to my knowledge) use this fix.

For the operater one, she just said operater and gave me no time to speak lol

I had a lot of fun with those AT&T ops. The numbers you can call and the one your calling from seems to have to be within the 608 area code, but there's some cool numbers in the 608 area code like calling card access no's (that's as far as I got..). I never tried the special needs shtick for the 800 numbers, but assumed that it was their system preventing them from making the calls. I guess that's the next thing I'll try.

On another note, most of the ATT operators over there dont really care what number you give them, and they seem alot nicer than NY operators.

Edited by j3rky

+1 866 279 1758--

One of the Kaiser Permanente prescription refill computers. (The one I have to order my allergy medicine from.)

The machine itself isn't anything terribly exciting, but listen to the carrier noise. Once prompted, press "1" then just enter some random DTMF crap or blow into the microphone. Listen to the way the noise "sings" along with it.

Somebody I know "on the inside" tells me this thing is on a PBX at the KP main office in Portland which uses a combination of E- and N3-carrier internally. (Yeah, E-carrier in North America.) The main PBX itself is a conglomeration of analogue and packet Avaya, Siemens and old Western Electric gear. When you call it, the line terminates in the smaller Siemens PBX at my local clinic, which then instantly transfers the call to Portland.

+1 866 279 1758--

One of the Kaiser Permanente prescription refill computers. (The one I have to order my allergy medicine from.)

The machine itself isn't anything terribly exciting, but listen to the carrier noise. Once prompted, press "1" then just enter some random DTMF crap or blow into the microphone. Listen to the way the noise "sings" along with it.

Somebody I know "on the inside" tells me this thing is on a PBX at the KP main office in Portland which uses a combination of E- and N3-carrier internally. (Yeah, E-carrier in North America.) The main PBX itself is a conglomeration of analogue and packet Avaya, Siemens and old Western Electric gear. When you call it, the line terminates in the smaller Siemens PBX at my local clinic, which then instantly transfers the call to Portland.

Interesting, but; there is no N3 carrier in the call, blowing 2600 gets no response.

I wasn't getting it either. Maybe it only uses the N3 trunk group at certain times? A few years ago, a friend told me a story about a PBX on the Dominion Power network that had some form of analog carrier system. It was gone by the time I'd had a chance to look at it, but there's a _lot_ of old stuff in those places. Plenty of PBXes with relay-based switching networks, at least.

Anyway, do you happen to know of any extensions that route to the main Portland office? I was playing around a little last night. You can get that particular PBX to transfer you out of the office. 360-418-6005 will get you to the auto-attendant, and you can either give it a six digit extension or flip through a very packed name directory.

Interesting, but; there is no N3 carrier in the call, blowing 2600 gets no response.

It definitely is N3 for the voice payload but signalling is done out of band over the internal E-carrier network. Just like Kaiser Permanente Medical Group itself, it's really a giant confusing kludge. 2600 won't do anything, nor is there any 2600 crosstalk (only faint white noise sometimes).

I wasn't getting it either. Maybe it only uses the N3 trunk group at certain times?

As far as I know, the refill computers are physically connected through an N3 trunk group into the rest of the E network. So if you call into it, you'll always wind up on an N3 trunk regardless. It *could* be (wild guess) that the noise is getting rolled off by the long distance network before it hits your CO, so it's just not making the trip (the companding they use internally makes it hard to hear, so you have to really be listening for it [press the receiver up to your ear or use an inter box and headphones]).

Anyway, do you happen to know of any extensions that route to the main Portland office?

Not offhand, I'd have to ask.

Plenty of PBXes with relay-based switching networks, at least.

Right up to the end, the local K-Mart that closed in 2010 had an ancient Rolm (?) relay PBX from the 70s.

It was one of the kind that you could grab the PA via extension 50. At some point (early 90s?) they added an autoattendant unit to the PBX, so you could hit "*" then grab any extension directly without going through a human intermediate. No SE required!

1) They couldn't hang up on you without shutting the whole system off and 2) nobody working at that store seemed intelligent enough to figure out to do that, anyways. So you could fuck with it all day if you wanted to, which we did, and had a lot of fun with back then.

It *could* be (wild guess) that the noise is getting rolled off by the long distance network before it hits your CO, so it's just not making the trip

Okay, well, as of 13 December 19114 I don't hear the noise any more either. I made a test recording off that number a few minutes ago and it's dead silent. The bursts of trunk noise that were there a week or so ago are gone. There's been talk about converting their internal network to all VOIP trunks and decommissioning the N3/E-carrier systems, but it wasn't supposed to *start* happening until the middle of next year. Guess they decided to get a head start on it.

C'est la vie.