decoder

(ARCHIVE) some numbers

1,263 posts in this topic

not a payphone, but a public outside phone in front of the dorms at Dallas Baptist Univerisity:

214 623 2972

make sure to say your from the internets!11

[very high traffic area]

In Calverton, MD (301) 572 9935 rings and goes to an old school recording of "if you would like to make a call" and never supervises. It is interesting however, that the SIT tones are very muffled and quiet in the background, almost like it was on a mag drum player. FWIW, other errors (such as 9936 (DISCO/NIS)) are nice high quality recordings.

-light

In Calverton, MD (301) 572 9935 rings and goes to an old school recording of "if you would like to make a call" and never supervises. It is interesting however, that the SIT tones are very muffled and quiet in the background, almost like it was on a mag drum player. FWIW, other errors (such as 9936 (DISCO/NIS)) are nice high quality recordings.

-light

I totally couldn't hear the SIT tones at all -- called a couple times too. Think it could have been crosstalk?? How did ya find that one anyway? Cool number.

That BOOP at the beginning is kinda like this cool one (845) 735 9927 which appears earlier in this thread, I think. Anyone know what that initial BOOP tone means/meant?

Wal-Mart self checkout field support thing 479 273 4357

Hmm i might of just found a new toy. :devil:

hey man did you get anything cool from that number? i havnt called it or anything.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this number Is 1800-720-9190? all I get is a busy signal, and it seems to be unlisted. thanks

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this number Is 1800-720-9190? all I get is a busy signal, and it seems to be unlisted. thanks

When I call that number it says 800 then some other numbers and dials them then I get the busy signal. And according to here http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:w226Rm...t=clnk&cd=1 it is a reverse lookup and address.

Edited by hrddrv

When I call that number it says 800 then some other numbers and dials them then I get the busy signal. And according to here http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:w226Rm...t=clnk&cd=1 it is a reverse lookup and address.

I've heard those numbers referred to as 7/11 numbers, because 711 is always in the middle of "those other numbers" so thats what I call them for now. Here's another example: 800.rpm.3080.

Anyways, I know there's some info on this subject if ya check the forums cuz I started a thread back in the day

wondering wtf those fast as fuck tones were for..

205-841-1111

Odd sounding reorder on a 1AESS that sounds a little too fast. There is also an odd clunk after you've been connected for a few seconds. Beware, it does supervise.

hey man did you get anything cool from that number? i havnt called it or anything.

i actually forgot all about this.

760-763-0002 Voice prompts you for a password?

Password is 0002*

Alarm system.

Enjoy :)

Some research leads me to believe this is something at the Marines Camp Pendleton in CA... so much for homeland security.

When you dial 412-493-6111, you get a recording that says, "The number you have dialed, 412-472-6111 is not in service." When I actually dialed 412-472-6111, I confirmed that it was actually a disconnected number. There seem to be some weird things in the 412-493 exchange, and I'll post anything else interesting I find.

I can't read these without posting my favorite innoccuous phone hotline: the rejection hotline. It's become so popular, that there's a site for it and multiple lines and numbers accross the country. http://www.rejectionhotline.com/

here's a list of the city numbers http://www.rejectionhotline.com/numbers_and_cities.php

massachussetts local: + 1 + 617 + 861 + 3962

anyone have any other bizarre numbers to call, especially ones that seem to entertain you no matter how many times you've called them?

alienbinary, pretty much any good-quality Pat Trumbull recording I can listen to, and be entertained by, for hours. Especially Pat Trumbull recordings from Oregon and Washington. Those are the only two states I've had the opportunity to hear Pat from the other side, the "client" side, if you will. It's nice to know that you're calling a place you've been before.

I'm actually a little sick of Pat right now. I just found out that almost all of the recordings in my CO were changed to recordings done by Pat. I really liked the ones that were done by local people. Not many CO's around here have their own disconnected number recordings, and it gave my office personality. However, I guess it was time to get rid of the disconnected number recording that announced the old area code, 412. After all, it's only been 9 years since the 412 area code was split ;)

Otherwise, I do like Pat's voice. It reminds me a bit of Jane Barbe's voice, but I still like Jane's voice the best. I also like the voice of the lady on Cingular's phone system, but I don't know her name.

Pat > Jane, imo. Pat's smoother, less jumpy. And I feel your pain, Jman. Some switches in Calgary (where I call often) , a city a few hundred miles south of me, recently changed their Not-In-Service recording to just reorder. When you thought the recording couldn't get any worse, it gets changed to reorder. :S

Yesh.. how did i miss such a fun topic...

X.25 network dialin's....

9072484361 - Alaska dialup

8008470862 - West Coast dialup

8776979896 - East Coast dialup

For more information on SITA, see: http://www.sita.aero/

Let's go international....

0074954117411 - Equant / Sprint Dialup. (Russia)

(SprintNet dial-in access for IGC/USA users in Kuwait City)

965 484 4155

965 484 4133

I also have dialups to "GreenNet" (Regions Served: Great Britain, Western Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East). I haven't gotten much outta them. Various other dialups as well (Transpac, etc)..

Of course, these all require a modem...

Edited by Beave

When you dial 212-207-9901, you get a report that says:

I'm sorry, the number you have reached 212-980-4500 is NIS.

The Luke Johnson Cell Phone Experiment:

This dude wants people to call him.

602-435-3694

Edit by moderator.

No Doc Dropping, even religious wacko's docs.

^

||

That's one of those annoying religious types that will stop you on the street and try to recruit you. Ask him about something called "Mother God".

Why so sleepy, Pat? It's only 9:00.....

208-226-9999

One more,

208-774-9999:

"I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is either disconnected for the season or disconnected permanently. Please check your number and try your call again."

That must be a hunting/fishing town, or a place that only sane people live during "the season." I've never heard a recording mention anything about having a number disconnected for the season, so I think this one is somewhat unique.

Edited by JmanA9

724-239-0056

This recording is horrible. It's low in volume, it has a loud buzzing noise, and you can hear two other recordings being played in the background. The recording trailer also has the old area code, 412. But I'll give them a break, it's only been 9 years since the 412 area code split ;)