decoder

(ARCHIVE) some numbers

1,263 posts in this topic

904-317-3215 that one worked for me,the toll probally has npa routing on it,and this number is weird,I have a feeling its homemade.But its pretty cool though,Ill test and see what it gets latter on;I was just stopping by to see what it was about.Peace.

The 800 gave me an odd reorder tone, followed by an even stranger "cannot be reached from your calling area" message. The 904 rang through. I tried both from my cell (661-TMOBILE) and from payphones in the 661-255-xxxx range- same results.

-UbU

I happen to live 25 minutes from the Georgia (NPA 706) border, so I've got some more data.

The phones at the Georgia welcome center (I-85 southbound):

These are Alltel phones. I got a reorder tone on the tollfree number, and SIT tones followed by "your call cannot be completed as dialed" on the toll number.

A COCOT at a Georgia gas station also gave the reorder on the tollfree, but went through OK on the toll number. Even though I was able to place a call to these phones from my cell, the ringback from the toll number did not ring the phone.

Both numbers seem to work from all types of phones in NPA 864.

So... I'm still not sure from where the tollfree will work. Only South Carolina? Only 864? It's a good hour's drive to get down into NPA 803, so that will have to wait a while. I may be up in NC (704/980) this weekend, so I'll try some more if I am.

That CBCAD from the welcome center phone has really got me curious. Those phones are even in the same exchange as the COCOTS (706-356-xxxx)

this is a number i got off the the payphone project forums it post as a payphone in Santa Rosa, California, next to Citgo gas station but win you call it plays 3 or 4 DTMF then it transfer your call to some home warranty services

Not sure what this is. Found it calling random 800 numbers. It just connects you to some jazz then disconnects after a while.

Edit: 18005734547 seems to do the same exact thing. Interesting.

Edited by iswm

Not sure what this is. Found it calling random 800 numbers. It just connects you to some jazz then disconnects after a while.

Edit: 18005734547 seems to do the same exact thing. Interesting.

These numbers remind me of dentist offices, elevators, and fancy stores.

Nice and relaxing. Funny thing is they're paying a few cents a minute for you to listen to it.

1-800-484-3288

At first i thought it was a DATU, cause it plays two low tones and then asks for a four digit passcode.. natas informs me that it is not. Any ideas?

A little scan:

1-800-572-1111- Niesay Company (sp)

1-800-572-1112- Sex Line

1-800-572-1113- Kentucky Power

1-800-572-1114- Conference Service

1-800-572-1115- [CBCAD]

1-800-572-1116- [CBCAD]

1-800-572-1117- Cannot be reached from calling area.

1-800-572-1118- Answering Machine (PBX?)

1-800-572-1119- [CBCAD]

1-800-484-3288

At first i thought it was a DATU, cause it plays two low tones and then asks for a four digit passcode.. natas informs me that it is not. Any ideas?

It's an extender (MCI?) I believe. I know I have heard calling cards with the same exact chime and voice as that number has...

1-800-484-3288

It's an extender (MCI?) I believe. I know I have heard calling cards with the same exact chime and voice as that number has...

If i get the password wrong too many times, does the op get on the line and ask me what i'm doing?

1-800-484-3288

If i get the password wrong too many times, does the op get on the line and ask me what i'm doing?

It's a possibility, but I'm not exactly sure about this number in particular. If you're really paranoid about messing around with it, then divert to it.

or you could call from a payphone.

Here are remote connection dial up numbers for the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences network (I know, it's not the NSA):

Arlington or nearby Residents 703-235-9792

Reston or nearby Residents 703-487-5200

Washington DC Residents 202-343-1060

Gaithersburg or nearby Residents 301-926-4976

Waldorf or nearby Residents 301-893-8528

Long Distance 1-888-273-3917

Also from the pdf:

Enter your correct DIAL-IN login name & password. If you don’t know your

DIAL-IN Username & Password, please contact UIS HELPDESK at 301-295-9800.

See the cited article below for more info

from DialUpWXP.pdf from link posted in Sheepbyte's google mining thread:

http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13123

the actual directory that this was from:

http://usuhs.mil/uis/documentation/

Georgia USPS "Postal Security" 404-765-7385

I'd stay away from postal things.

Just talked to the op. It's MCI. That's all that she would say.

1-800-484-3288

It's a possibility, but I'm not exactly sure about this number in particular. If you're really paranoid about messing around with it, then divert to it.

I'd stay away from postal things.

you might, but it is a phone number. and some people might find it interesting.

Just talked to the op. It's MCI. That's all that she would say.
1-800-484-3288

800-484-xxxx is owned by mci.

Here's a good number JUST DON'T ABUSE IT!....

718-397-9999

It gives you a dialtone. A real dialtone. You can tell by staying on the line until the dialtone starts ringing and goes to a Verizon error message. (*SIT* If you'd like to make a call please hang up and try again. If you need help please contact your local operator.) That's what a real dialtone does when you idle.

So anyway, the access code is a very complex string of numbers so write it down!

The access code is...

The dialtone's ANI is:

718-997-2341

Is this an extender?

Btw, the exhcanges are served by different COs and possibly by different wire centers which would make this number quite strange.

ic0n: Put this into the next phonebook release with the note DO NOT ABUSE next to all the dialtones cause I don't want them to end up like 555-1140/1160.

Numbers that get posted publicly like this are always going to be abused because hundreds or even thousands of people read these posts all the time. I've learned the hard way that if you don't want a number to go down, then don't post it publicly.

Interesting #'s I got while scanning (see the PnG forums for full scans)

1-800-877-0001: Sprint Helpline

1-800-877-0027: Sprint Conferencing

1-800-877-0031: picks up with silence, * does nothing, # hangs up

1-800-877-0051/0052: Quest Diagnostics

1-800-877-0063/0065: "can not be completed as dialed..." in Japanese

1-888-456-6457: Sprint Conferencing

1-800-877-0091: -900497114067798 then (DTMF)

1-800-877-0092: NA announcement in Spanish

1-800-877-9965:Wyoming Operator, asks for # to dial

1-800-877-0075:Private Operator asks for the # to dial

good shit 10nix! keep em coming.

1-800-877-0164

"the program you are accessing is not in our database..."

i found it to be an odd message.

Maybe it's just from the 941 npa.

i dont know.