Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raven

stance on fedora

11 posts in this topic

i just got a copy of Fedora and i was wondering all your alls stance on the quality of this issue, please gimmie your points you like or hate just so i can see how this stands with the world.

raven

first let me say that my love for redhat was unequaled by almost anyone. Redhat 8 was my first distro, and i loved it. Then i got 9, and it ruled as well. The thought of redhat made me happy sometimes (i loved it that much) it was almost disturbing how much i was in to RH.

then came fedora.

it still hurts a little to talk about fedora, it was THAT bad. suffice to say, i am now running slack 9.1, and it is my distro of choice... but i still have that big redhat sticker on my box as a tribute to my once beloved.

yeah, redhat was cool, i gotta say next to slack redhat used to be my favorite distro, simply because i didn't have to do jack shit and all my hardware was recognized and configured...ive tried fedora and yea...im with bland.

raven, when i get home, i'll burn you a copy of RH9, it's the best linux that i hav ever personally used (don't flame me, that's just in my limited experience).

sweet ass neuro, ill have to get that from yall, now for another question what about LINDOWS, i have it and have never heard crap about it except the lawsuit thingy, does it suck ass or what?

raven

all that i've heard about it is that walmart was gonna put it on their computers so that they'd be able to shave another few dollars of profit out of their econoputers market. that makes me biased towards labelling it soulless and wrong.

all that i've heard about it is that walmart was gonna put it on their computers so that they'd be able to shave another few dollars of profit out of their econoputers market. that makes me biased towards labelling it soulless and wrong.

now you see, this is what we call the "hacker spidey sense"

he's never used it, but he has a very strong opinion of it. i'll break the suspense and say that yeah, lindows is the worst piece of distro filth out there.

Ill go on to say that im drunk as all piss right now.

ill go on even further to say that

1. it has win in the title.

2 wal-mart loves it

3. If a linux distro could REALLY emulate or replace the ASPI layer or whatever and give you linux functionality and full access to windows software, we'd all be using it. As it happens, nobody uses it, and neither should you... its ghastly

Redhat was great until the decided to move to the fedora project instead. Fedora is a poor excuse of a project right now but time will probably improve its qualities that will actually show a unique difference other than a very stripped down RH9.

1. it has win in the title.

yeah bland, you where drunk.

lol, i just reread that, and it does not have win in the title :roll::roll:

man im glad i took the time to explain how drunk i was

redhat's best version was 7.2. It was ok. Redhat went corperate long before fedora, and it got more caught up in advertising than in actual software quality. If you completely bastardize your redhat, you might have a good system. Out of the box, redhat sucks.

Lindows is complete crap. End of discussion.

If you want a good linux distrobution, get slackware or gentoo :)

in my opinion, anyways.

Edited by gabriel