Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thepcdude

REALLY nice new info on Conficker

5 posts in this topic

Thanks, it's really interesting to see how far this virus has gone.

I've been wondering about the domains. Now with variant C, they are saying that it will check 50,000 domains for updated instructions. They have even released a tool to enumerate these domains based on the algorithm used in conflicker.c (as well as b and a).

Just curious if anyone knows if the virii is going to select one of those 50,000 domains or if somehow all of them are going to be registered and working. Anyone have some more information on that for laymans like me?

I've been wondering about the domains. Now with variant C, they are saying that it will check 50,000 domains for updated instructions. They have even released a tool to enumerate these domains based on the algorithm used in conflicker.c (as well as b and a).

Just curious if anyone knows if the virii is going to select one of those 50,000 domains or if somehow all of them are going to be registered and working. Anyone have some more information on that for laymans like me?

Check out the domain generator source code above :)

From what I understand it connects to all domains and looks for signed instructions