Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZioMatrix

FileZilla server/client

4 posts in this topic

So i googled for tuts and such and i found someto be some what useful. Im trying to set up an FTP server using FileZilla (server) and then FileZilla (client) to access it and put files and such in it. I did what i thought were the basics as i was told from many tutorials, Forward port 21, Create a new folder that the FTP server will use, Create an Account. And everything is fine untill i got to one part in a tutorial talking about a Dynamic DNS. I have a Dynamic IP but dns? Also the FileZilla server is set by default to Server:127.0.0.1 how can i change that to work so i can access it remotely? I know ill have to have 127.0.0.1 changed seeing as its home. So my overall question is how can i set it up to where i can access it remotely? Thanks in advance

I suggest you read up on networking and DNS before setting up software that requires at least basic understanding of both. See link in my signature for free books. If you feel like paying, I recommend the Cisco course books for networking and O'Reilly for the DNS stuff. (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596001582/)

Thanks ill look into from free books. Its just i feel like im missing a step because i did this once before with Bulletproof FTP and it used 75.177.XXX.XXX my dynamic ip and everything worked fine. I just dont know what im missing.

What exactly is the problem? will it not list the directory? What an error show in the logs for the server and what about the client.

I had an issue with bulletproof where it wouldn't list the directorys. I ended up opening port 22 and it worked then.