Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Utah_Viper

Inbound Call Center

6 posts in this topic

I run a nonprofit that helps on some missing persons searches. When we have a major search one thing I would like is to have a Inbound Call Center setup at our search center. In the past we contracted with a company to bring in a sat truck and the phone bank. I was wondering if there is any way I could set a smaller one up almost right away when we set up a center.

One though I have is the possibility of a Skye account since it is mobile anywhere I can access internet. Another option I was looking at is Magic Jack. Both of these options are good for a single line. Is there a way to expand any of these to a 2-10 phone bank? Any other options?

AFAIK you will need a CBX to route and que the incoming calls if you want multiple lines w/ calls distributed to your reps.

Here is a ROLM9751 on ebay.

Edited by tekio

Assuming you've got a much better knowledge of VOIP than I do you could probably do just such a thing with Asterisk. I'm so not a phreak but after a recent post here it was mentioned and i did look into it a bit. Maybe my understanding is lackluster but it sounds like Asterisk is pretty much designed for exactly what you're trying to do.

Of course there's always the classic solution I like to call "crapton of skypein accounts and call-forward-when-busy" ;)

Edited by Enmaku

Use amatuer radio and phone patches ???

Just throwing that out,I'm taking an amatuer radio class and know just enough to pass the Technician class in two weeks.

Which basically means I know nothing.

I run a nonprofit that helps on some missing persons searches. When we have a major search one thing I would like is to have a Inbound Call Center setup at our search center. In the past we contracted with a company to bring in a sat truck and the phone bank. I was wondering if there is any way I could set a smaller one up almost right away when we set up a center.

One though I have is the possibility of a Skye account since it is mobile anywhere I can access internet. Another option I was looking at is Magic Jack. Both of these options are good for a single line. Is there a way to expand any of these to a 2-10 phone bank? Any other options?

As mentioned before Asterisk may work well for you in the beginning stage of your effort. A small software PBX can handle a decent amount of traffic, include features that you usually pay the telco for and give you greater control of your communications. I have used Asterisk both at home and at call centers that seat slightly over one hundred reps. Depending on your knowledge, available hardware, and willingness to start learning the ins and outs of VoIP, PBXs and Asterisk, then you may not need to look anywhere else.

Take some time to check out all soft PBXs you can find, make sure to find what suits you best. If you need more help with understanding anything then I'm sure there is plenty of people on this forum that will try their best to point you in the right direction.

Edited by Bizurke

You can use Asterisk for the PBX, and get a SIP Trunk for the phone lines. Thats probably the cheapest solution, however you'll need sufficient bandwidth to support all the concurrent calls over the sip trunk wherever you're going to be located.