Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lmnk

In-House TV Station

5 posts in this topic

I have a Neuros OSD that lets me play videos on my TV from over a network, and have recently decided I want to expand my setup beyond the one TV it is currently connected to. I don't want to put the time or money into building a myth backend and frontends for each TV, and I would be satisfied if playback was the same in all rooms. Remembering back to my youth and connecting the NES to the TV via a VCR that would override channel 3 with its AV-in. What I'd like to have is an in house tv channel that was playback from a computer. I could control it remotely and it would be fine for everything I want to do. My problem is that using a VCR would mean mono audio, bad video quality, and running to the basement every time I want to watch the real channel 3.

My harebrained idea is to broadcast in the house on an unused cable tv channel, and install a filter so the signal doesn't go out to the whole neighborhood. The problem is that I have no idea where to find any of the hardware necessary. I figured I'd post here and see if anyone knew where I could find this kind of hardware.

post-15812-1237326874_thumb.jpgpost-15812-1237326845_thumb.jpgif your cable comes in with 1 line and you have splitters to get cable to multiple tv's you would just have to hook up vcr/rca-to i think auxilary? not sure i forget ill post a pic and then it will over ride to ur house and thats it. Edited by dinscurge

This looks like it would do the trick, but boy is it expensive. This would let you put the signal on any channel you want, not just on channel 3/4. This is similar to what they use at gyms to make custom MATV systems - they take 10-15 direcTV receivers and feed them into a system like this to make a custom TV network.

-Light

Check out this system http://www.x10.com/products4/google/wirele..._sender_v2.html

Its an X10 product. I have had varying success with the X10 company. There switching units for light and such are pretty good. I had little success with a security camera system I bought from them a few years back. So if this looks like it might work for you I would read some reviews and see if I thought if might work in your application before spending any money.

Good luck with your project.

This looks like it would do the trick, but boy is it expensive. This would let you put the signal on any channel you want, not just on channel 3/4. This is similar to what they use at gyms to make custom MATV systems - they take 10-15 direcTV receivers and feed them into a system like this to make a custom TV network.

-Light

i think you can probably modify the 3/4 box thing to work on anychannel i havent pulled it apart to check or anything but analog tv is just a different frequency for diff. channel so mabey freq. crystals if it has and just add switches, or if it has capacitor charge like some am/fm transmiters you could just put a variable cap and just turn it till it looks the best on whatever channel but can only do 1 channel at time so idk

edit: ^^^ that comercial forr the x10 one was kinda funny

Edited by dinscurge