Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spaz101

CounterStrike issue...

3 posts in this topic

Using wine I took my old CS cd I installed everything properly.

I just got a new video card on my Kubuntu machine so I wanted to see what it would look like playing some of the old games. I get an error reading...

"Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected.See www.securom.com/emulation for more details"

Looking at the website it tells me something like blah blah blah the game wont play because it is a "illegal copy" or some jazz like that. When I assure you it is a paid copy that I've had for years. I am guessing it's because of wine? Any ideas on how to circumvent this? I have been using Linux for years but for some reason never actually tried to emulate windows programs. I have never needed to. So in this field I am very new.

Would cracking it work? I think I had to crack some of my games to get them to run on Wine.

I haven't tried that yet. I thought it may work but I had to leave right after I installed the game. Just seeing if anyone had experienced this same problem also. But I will try that and be back later to tell if it worked or not.

[edit] Blah I had to resort to a modified .exe.... even though it's not illegal since I own the original copy this is still pretty annoying. So for future reference. Securom is gay! (no offence to the homosexuals out in the forum)

Edited by Spaz101