Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZioMatrix

Remote Compromise without a laptop

18 posts in this topic

Well im back on binrev and i cant find a good way to hack remotely without a laptop. Just nothing seems to work. BackTrack 3 is ready to be booted on a live CD as well as Knoppix STD. Im using Windows Xp sp2 as my "default" OS. I mean i can try things like Metasploit and what not but thats for unpatched systems. Any good reading or tips? thanks.

I'm... not quite sure what you're asking?

What does a laptop have to do with anything?

idk you tell me? Thats why its in the noob section. i mean you can be a dick or you can help.

I guess the best way to compromise a box remotely without using a laptop.

The only time a laptop is vital is when your war driving or packet sniffing a public wlan, besides that a desktop computer will do the trick. And that's a very vague question.

EDIT: I would read up on penetration testing. The step-by-step procedure of gaining information then using it to exploit a target.

Edited by phasma

idk you tell me? Thats why its in the noob section. i mean you can be a dick or you can help.

I don't even know what you're asking. Something about haxoring and a laptop is all I can get from that. I'm not being a dick, I'm trying to get you to elucidate your question so the conversation can move forward.

yea Ohm, dont be a dick.

Im actually a little confused too. Why would using a laptop be any different to using a desktop besides portability? You can hack just as well from both assuming physical access isnt part of the equation.

(btw Ohm, i was just kidding :P)

I have to say this was a halarious thread with the Ohm bashing.

Yes, however, there is no difference between a laptop or a desktop computer besides the fact with a desktop you don't have to strap it to your back and hunch over trying to carry it while you mess with wireless.

Laptops just make it easier to do things with wireless as they're more portable and most wireless points are not at your doorstep.

Ohm is absolutely not a dick. He was just trying to answer the question by knowing what it actually is. I really feel like being one right now. If you are asking a question on how to r00t a box, shouldn't you know the difference between desktops and laptops and how it is completely irrelevant to r00ting???? Well, I mean, unless you wanna go portable O_o (Plus, it's nice to throw you laptop into a lake or out on the highway when you're running from an unnamed entity)

Edited by thepcdude

Well im back on binrev and i cant find a good way to hack remotely without a laptop.

Use a Desktop, PDA, Telephone, Data Center, Macro Computer, Nintendo Entertainment System,... Why was that so hard, Ohm? Fucking dick.

Wasn't metasploit used for exploiting that major DNS problem?

As far as hax0ring goes, you need a laptop to hax0r wifi. (Being practical of course)

You can't lug around a 50 pound desktop computer with you everywhere you go.

Also, make sure you read up on networking, You need to understand how it works before you hax it.

EDIT: And wtf is up with everyone bashing Ohm?? Gosh...You dicks.

Edited by R4p1d

he was probably asking a question as of what could he do as he cannot just walk around and scan computers till he finds an open one or arp posion/filter traffic with a lan tower, o you could attack cpu's on your own network or scan hundreds/thousands/tens of thousands of ips a pick one to play with?

I think Ohm has built up a resistance to people bashing him.

Edited by DanielG

I think Ohm has built up a resistance to people bashing him.

LAWL!