Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saulomo

Hacking my own router.

8 posts in this topic

I have a pathetic ISP that won't allow me to access my router. I want to open some ports, and I intend to hack the router in order to do this. But how? I currently have Hydra and Medusa, but I can't get Medusa to work properly. If this can't be done in Hydra, please include a small tut on how to use Medusa.

Thank you.

Search online for the router's default password. Most ISP's leave their routers with a default password when they install them (like 1234, 12345, password, or admin). They can either be accessed through a webpage or telnet.

No, it is not one of the default passwords. They don't give us the passwords because they don't want us to enter the router, and I have tried all default combinations.

Maybe you could post the router name, type, specs etc so we can help you better.

Its a AT-iMG634W

Edited by Saulomo

What are you trying to achieve? I'm guessing access to machine(s) on you LAN from the outside world. Is this just access for yourself, or are you attempting to run a service for (random) other people?

You could have a machine inside you LAN make an outgoing connection to a VPN service. This will allow you to connect into your LAN from the outside/internet (via the VPN).

Cheers,

Mungewell

hydra -l {USERNAME} -P {WORDLIST} -e ns -f -s -vV {ROUTER IP ADDRESS} http-get /

this usually works for me, with a good word list.

Here is a recent topic of brute-forcing such a device.