Havoc

403 Google ban

8 posts in this topic

I don't know what happened but for last few days Google search (in general, no matter what language or domain)

is giving me 403 error something like twice a day and blocking me for a couple of hours.

This is IP ban because I can't access google from any other computer in subnet with different browsers or OS.

This may be related to my recent firefox tuning as I installed dozen of addons but yet not determined which one is causing these problems. I checked my system with antivirus but nothing suspicious detected.

There is a chance that my ISP is shitting me, I don't know.

Can you suggest me good way to track down the source of my problems ? maybe some sniffer or etc.

Check your DNS and/or use OpenDNS, and watching the connection with Wireshark is a great idea. Have you tried getting to Google using a proxy? Please let us know what you find.

yea i would try wireshark. i hate that program doesnt work on my laptop but its all good. anyway. thats crazy i never got a 403 from google. i got a 403 on digg before.

Check your DNS and/or use OpenDNS, and watching the connection with Wireshark is a great idea. Have you tried getting to Google using a proxy? Please let us know what you find.

I always use OpenDNS . As I said this is IP ban so using proxies works.

I've tried to bypass - sending queries to google via proxy and everywhere else without however Google knows it's me and ban is activated

website proxies work

Edited by Havoc

What happens if you renew your DHCP lease?

I can get new IP but it will be blocked also afterwards.

I had 89. and changed to 84. and same problems.

(warning: shameless plug)

Scroogle.org is a good G0GGL3 proxy

case closed

I found the problem

using the stream option in CG also gave me errors (with AP turned off), and then google will disable you running searches for a while because google thinks it's a bot doing the searches instead of you. So turning off the stream option and turning back on AP seems to be the best working solution.

so if you are using Firefox and two extensions CustomizeGoogle and AutoPager you can expect ban from Google