Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
samo

Phreaking Youtube Thread

11 posts in this topic

I've been spending a lot of time just checking out telecommunication videos on youtube, and I think there's enough material on youtube alone to make a thread out of it. Here's only a few:

A really hot, ditzy looking girl explaining phone phreaking. I lol'd.

A news report on dissapearing payphones in chicago. Gives a bit of history, and an interview with someone who services payphones.

A talk from i-ball about gemini, really 1337 and fucking hilarious.

The below are previews of a few telecommunication dvd's by teracom. They're a lot more informative then you'd think, I really enjoyed these. I'd love to buy them, but they're hundreds of dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZLr-9B288...re=channel_page fundamentals of telecom preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIk6emSNCbE...re=channel_page Fundamentals of telecom 2 preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBfSH6AB3Bk...re=channel_page Fundamentals of telecom 2: voice digitization preview

Here's another one:

I bumped the thread because it didn't get as much attention as it should have, and these videos are all good.

heheh, I can never keep a straight face when watching the Teracom guy. He has the craziest facial expressions.

Anywho, nice find! Here's something along the same lines;

- Pentaconta switch in Spain. The narration is in Spanish, but it's mostly just subtitles telling what part of the switch you're looking at. The only other thing it mentions is that the switch was retrofitted with digital register senders back sometime in the nineties. It looks like this switch, wherever it is, is still in service! I checked out the guy's blog, and they don't seem very concerned with telling people what area it's serving.

- Rotary switch from the same user. Filmed in 1995, when the last of Spain's rotary switching had about a year left to live.

Hahahahaha, that girl was hilarious.

I like her.

This is a video that was most likely produced for Western Electric. It shows stress testing, phones being made, and other random stuff. No narration, but the music is hilarious and indicative of the time it was made. Video production has certainly changed since the 1970's.

Edited by JmanA9

the music is hilarious and indicative of the time it was made.

It's like fucking planet of the apes music. Scary...

I've been spending a lot of time just checking out telecommunication videos on youtube, and I think there's enough material on youtube alone to make a thread out of it. Here's only a few:

I ought to digitize my old US WEST SS7 training tapes and upload 'em. There's 6 or 7 of 'em.

(I *really* ought to rip my 5ESS simulator from floppy and upload that somewhere, too.)

(I *really* ought to rip my 5ESS simulator from floppy and upload that somewhere, too.)

Please do :tongue:

f-f-Five ESS simulator!? *faints from excitement*

Calm down, it can't be that awesome. Unless it is.