Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FirdavsUZB

How to Find I.P. address

17 posts in this topic

I want to learn how to find someone's I.P. address, for example if my gf is logging on myspace, or photobucket, or anywhere else, how I can find out what is her I.P. address?

Any suggestions will be helpfull

Don't waste your time with this particular goal.

You are looking at it the wrong way around.

:)

Edited by Swerve

SE your target to accept a data transfer through an IM client during which you run 'netstat -no' and identify the established connection whose PID corresponds to your IM client (filter the IPs used by the IM servers), or implement an HTTP server with which to host a binary to be referenced by a remote wepage to which you direct your target and after which you tail the access log.

If you have no trouble understanding that, then you don't need to know it.

... or implement an HTTP server with which to host a binary to be referenced by a remote wepage to which you direct your target and after which you tail the access log.

o.O

or you paid too much attention to your English teacher.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I shall not put." ~ Churchill.

Style seem familiar? =P

Okay, so say you were to find out her 'I.P.' Address... what would you do than?

Unlike T.V. there's no magical program you can type in someone's IP Address and get all the FBI logs of everything they did in the last 50 years and play them back on an infrared satalite view.

If you really lack that much trust in your GF should you really be with her, this isn't Iraq where woman are slaves to be bowed before the men.

(Iraq is just an example as I really suck at geography). Should I be afraid that if you are aware of her actions that you will beat her or put a 'cap' in her 'ass'?

I don't know the situation however so I will not go there any further.

Simply put an IP Address can easily be changed, and only way you would be able to easily track what Myspace pages she's been visiting is to attach images off your own HTTP server as described earlier on everyones myspace page (comments?) and see which one gets a request from her IP.

Otherwise your options are going to require you to Sniff her Network Traffic, Operate a Trojan/Virus on her computer, etc...

At your standpoint the easiest method would be to tell her you're repairing her computer and install VIRUS.EXE

However these days you're going to still have to worry about ~2-3 firewalls blocking traffic depending on the method it works.

EDIT: Sorry if I sounded mean, I really love you *huggles*

Edited by friendless

Okay, so say you were to find out her 'I.P.' Address... what would you do than?

Unlike T.V. there's no magical program you can type in someone's IP Address and get all the FBI logs of everything they did in the last 50 years and play them back on an infrared satalite view.

If you really lack that much trust in your GF should you really be with her, this isn't Iraq where woman are slaves to be bowed before the men.

(Iraq is just an example as I really suck at geography). Should I be afraid that if you are aware of her actions that you will beat her or put a 'cap' in her 'ass'?

I don't know the situation however so I will not go there any further.

Simply put an IP Address can easily be changed, and only way you would be able to easily track what Myspace pages she's been visiting is to attach images off your own HTTP server as described earlier on everyones myspace page (comments?) and see which one gets a request from her IP.

Otherwise your options are going to require you to Sniff her Network Traffic, Operate a Trojan/Virus on her computer, etc...

At your standpoint the easiest method would be to tell her you're repairing her computer and install VIRUS.EXE

However these days you're going to still have to worry about ~2-3 firewalls blocking traffic depending on the method it works.

EDIT: Sorry if I sounded mean, I really love you *huggles*

lol wow thanks to everyone for replying, first of all I don't got any problems with my gf, and I have her password to myspace and everywhere else, I just wanted to learn if it's possible to hack someone's MySpace, btw

SE your target to accept a data transfer through an IM client during which you run 'netstat -no' and identify the established connection whose PID corresponds to your IM client (filter the IPs used by the IM servers), or implement an HTTP server with which to host a binary to be referenced by a remote wepage to which you direct your target and after which you tail the access log.

lmao I didn't understand I'm not going to lie, that's why I'm trying to learn more stuff about computers, and it's one of the reasons I came to this forum, but thanks for trying tohelp me. :blush:

lmao I didn't understand I'm not going to lie, that's why I'm trying to learn more stuff about computers, and it's one of the reasons I came to this forum, but thanks for trying tohelp me. :blush:

When you are using MSN for example IM, open the Command Prompt (Windows). Send a file and whilst the file is being sent, enter:

netstat -a

(I've never used the -no switch)

You will see the person's Hostname.

Then use a tool like nslookup to get the IP address from the hostname.

I got about half of it where does that put me? :D

Implement an HTTP server :huh: do you mean run an HTTP server? Implementing one would be a bit overkill.

wondering if myspace is hackable? as a general rule of thumb, everything is hackable. you would probably want to learn more about the actual techniques, instead of wondering if you can hack something.

as for determining someone's IP address, there's definitely more than one way, and different situations warrant different methods. If you don't already, I recommend learning about how TC/IP works so you know why people have IP addresses, and how're they're used.

You have know way of determining somebody else IP address. It's the same concept as a Home Address. You cant just think of somebody and there Street Address will magically come to you. So what do you? Look in a phone book under the persons name to acquire the address. Maybe if they sent you a piece of mail it will have the return address.

These same concepts can be applied to finding out somebodies IP address. For example if you are chatting with someone on AIM and you use the "Upload Photo" feature to show them your vacation photos. Obviously your computer has to know were its sending these pictures. So while the picture is uploading, you can go into your Command Prompt/Shell and enter in a command to see what connections your computer is currently connected to. Using the "netstat -a" command will show all current connections to other outside computers revealing the targets IP. That is a simplistic way of putting what Swerve said.

Or maybe you have the target's hostname. You can go into your MS-DOS Command Prompt/Shell and enter in a command known as "nslookup". This command will basically ask a given DNS server for the information regarding this hostname and in this information it gives you the IP address.

Like I said before if you read on networking and all of the other basic you will pick up on these common techniques in no-time and understand how and why they work. But if you just ask how to do specific stuff, commands you'll just be stuck forever.

Sea surf the target to a web server with a publicly accessible access_log file under the webroot directory. ^_^

Find a forum like binrev.com allowing images to be referenced from another server and log the HTTP requests. ;) If you know her ISP, browser, etc or can guesstimate the times she was online her IP can be singled out.

Get a book on TCP/IP and/or general networking.

Or if that's to much get a book on your Operating System. (I am not sure were you stand.)

he means like, get a website that has a php script that logs the ip to a text file, then look at it, BOOM!

She's his girlfriend, right? Next time he's at her house, he can just go to her computer, click "Start", open the "Run" dialog, type "cmd" and hit enter, then type "ipconfig /all" and hit enter, than read the IP address.

DUH.

Edited by Colonel Panic

external ip's dont show up in ipconfig, but u can just google "my ip"