Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r4p1d

Want Windows 7 Beta For Free?

9 posts in this topic

I don't know if I'm late to the party or not, but..... Microsoft is allowing the first 2.5 million people to download Windows 7 beta for free, directly from their site.

Get it HERE while it lasts. (The legal copy)

I hear good things about it, downloading it now.

I just found out something neat. I don't know if it was a fluke or if it will work every time...

I signed up for the beta. I got all the way to the email confirmation page. (using Firefox btw) I used the same tab and logged into my email account. I didn't see the confirmation email so I used the back button drop-down box to go back to the email confirmation page. It loaded the page and then instantly redirected me to the download page. No confirmation needed. Does anyone know why it did this and can someone see if it will work every time.

wow thanks iv been looking for that for a while,

I just found out something neat. I don't know if it was a fluke or if it will work every time...

I signed up for the beta. I got all the way to the email confirmation page. (using Firefox btw) I used the same tab and logged into my email account. I didn't see the confirmation email so I used the back button drop-down box to go back to the email confirmation page. It loaded the page and then instantly redirected me to the download page. No confirmation needed. Does anyone know why it did this and can someone see if it will work every time.

something similar happened to me.

it didnt want to load at first because a popup was blocked by firefox so i had to try twice but it went right away without a confirmation after i hit back to try again with popups enabled

If your email is Hotmail or MSN, then when you logged in it simply used that information as your Windows Live ID:

Have an MSN Hotmail, MSN Messenger, or Passport account? It’s your Windows Live ID.

Note, too, that Microsoft normally makes time-limited beta versions of their new OS releases available. They're handy for sysadmins to start getting their hands dirty, and also for people who want to see if it will run on their hardware. Despite what you may read, however, I have never heard of one single credible hack for getting around Microsoft's time limitation in a useful manner. They have it dug in deep to the trial version, so don't think you're going to find a way to get something for nothing. :)

wow thanks iv been looking for that for a while,

No problem, glad I could help!

If your email is Hotmail or MSN, then when you logged in it simply used that information as your Windows Live ID:

Have an MSN Hotmail, MSN Messenger, or Passport account? It's your Windows Live ID.

Note, too, that Microsoft normally makes time-limited beta versions of their new OS releases available. They're handy for sysadmins to start getting their hands dirty, and also for people who want to see if it will run on their hardware. Despite what you may read, however, I have never heard of one single credible hack for getting around Microsoft's time limitation in a useful manner. They have it dug in deep to the trial version, so don't think you're going to find a way to get something for nothing. :)

As far as that goes, buying the stable version of the OS would be more practical, I'm still not to sure I don't still prefer WinXp, but with microsoft canceling future updates for it eventually, I'll need to upgrade. Linux is great and all, but I still have a need for commercial software that is readily available, thus I will always have a need for a Windows operating system, and so far Windows 7 is performing much better then Windows Vista.

Edited by R4p1d

Have an MSN Hotmail, MSN Messenger, or Passport account? It's your Windows Live ID.

I used a Yahoo account for this. I still don't know why it worked but it did.

Anyone know why the default background has a Siamese Fighter in it?

It's because it is also known as the betta fish.

</useless fact of the day> :)

Anyone know why the default background has a Siamese Fighter in it?

It's because it is also known as the betta fish.

</useless fact of the day> :)

Did you figure that out all by yourself? ;)