unknown_entity

NOTACON 6 April 16th - 19th, 2009

36 posts in this topic

I am for one...

This will be my second year for notacon. I was just wondering if anyone from binrev is planning on attending.

I am also looking forward to the Arduino presentation by droops and a few others i know from binrev.

Also if all goes according to my plan i will have something interesting and very "old school analog" running for Anything But Ethernet.

Just a few hints as to what i have planned for my entry:

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/prin...74hct4046a.html

http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/cd74hct4046a

http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=839

I will be there. It will be my first year at Notacon, I am looking forward to it.

I intend to be there.

If money/job situation allows, I'll be there for my 2nd year.

Morgellon and I are going to be talking about Arduinos, so we should be there.

oh wow, it sounds like everyone's gonna be there! I'd love to come but I believe it's right before/during finals for me, and I also have to share the car with my family, so odds are looking slim.

odds would look better depending on how much this trip would cost me, though. no job means i've gotta spend as little as possible.

I'll try to make it, but it falls right on my girlfriend's b-day and I don't know if she's going to want to spend it at a computer nerd convention...

Edited by Colonel Panic

I know what the uper leet project is :P Anyways I'll be there this year again I think this will be my 4th notacon. The area where the hotel is has been finally been cleared of all construction. It's just a quick walk down to the gateway district so teh 'death march' won't be as bad as we won't be right on lake Erie.

if there's so many people coming from binrev, would arranging hotel/motel rooms to save money be an option?

How about having a planned meet up at the con or somewhere nearby?

I think they changed hotels this year so im not familiar with the immediate area.

I was thinking something like having all the people from binrev who wanted to, meet up around dinner time the first day. Maybe someplace to eat within walking distance or the hotel restaraunt/bar if its not too crowded(probably overpriced though).

I was just thinking it would be nice to BS with some of the binrev people and om-nom-nom on some food too. So let me know what you guys think, may plan something here.

we usually have a binrev meetup at notacon, it always involves food and walking. if you are up for finding the place and taking us there then find someplace cheap and good and introduce yourself to everyone at the con. i have not seen the exact schedule so i do not know a good time, so its up to you.

transportation and money's a big issue for me right now, so if anyone's registering as a group, or booking hotel rooms together, let me know.

*bump*

Also my project is coming along nicely after some newly acquired equipment(Hitachi V-660). The entire software back end and some tests transmitting are all :)

status update: still trying to work out a way to go... I'll post in here once I get something nailed down.

Winking Lizard and Harry Buffalo both have pretty decent food just blocks from the hotel may not be the best place for a bunch of hackers/phreaks as long as there isn't a game downtown we should be good. There also is a bowling alley down the way that's open pretty late anyone up for drunken bowling?

status update: still trying to work out a way to go... I'll post in here once I get something nailed down.

I can possibly offer a ride depending on how fare away from GP you are. I wouldn't mind going in for group tickets either, though.

Well my plan to go with colleagues of mine failed. So I am forced to go alone, and I am currently unemployed(What a loser? right). I purchased my ticket a month ago, and I am going no matter what.

I am located in Southern Indiana, in a small town called Huntingburg. If anyone wants to be help me out and are not to far(under 3 hours), I would love to drive to meet you and hitch a ride. Also a hotel to room in would be awesome, I can help on out on costs.

Otherwise I am going to drive and sleep in my car (true story).

I can possibly offer a ride depending on how fare away from GP you are. I wouldn't mind going in for group tickets either, though.

I may be able to hitch a ride with you. then you, me, and schippstrich could get a hotel room since I was planning on going with him earlier, but things started to get difficult. still, there isn't anything definite nailed down yet, but I'll see if I can work it out on my end.

I may be able to hitch a ride with you. then you, me, and schippstrich could get a hotel room since I was planning on going with him earlier, but things started to get difficult. still, there isn't anything definite nailed down yet, but I'll see if I can work it out on my end.

As long as you don't mind that I'll be on this "drinking team" regardless of whether it exists...

You can drink all you want!

Just don't drink and drive! :)

Which reminds me, I need to sell off my prereg ticket since I'm getting in free as a speaker. Anyone want to buy it off of me for $52?

I know there are more people going, someone help a brother out.

I am looking for confirmations, I can't have uncertainties.