Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PirateKing15

Audiovox BC-55

8 posts in this topic

I am not very knowledgeable about this subject but I found this thing with the model number BC-55 and it is made by Audiovox. I have googled it and can't find out what it is. I can post some pics if that would help. Or if anyone knows or can help find out what it is I would appreciate it.

I am not very knowledgeable about this subject but I found this thing with the model number BC-55 and it is made by Audiovox. I have googled it and can't find out what it is. I can post some pics if that would help. Or if anyone knows or can help find out what it is I would appreciate it.

http://www.theargon.com/achilles/articles/...thtj/thtj13.txt

Its a single NAM unit, Sadly I have no clue what it is but you may know, and tell us what it does :P

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5428666/description.html

According to its patent... its an Automatic number assignment module.

n_n happy hacking

It is a single NAM (Number Assignment Module, one programmed phone number) most likely analogue only cell phone, probably from the late 80s-mid 90s, any pics?

It is a single NAM (Number Assignment Module, one programmed phone number) most likely analogue only cell phone, probably from the late 80s-mid 90s, any pics?

I'll take some pics later. I figured it had something to do with a communication device of some kind. The only thing that is strange is that it is under the front seat of an old Volvo I just bought. I can't find out where the wire is running but it is going somewhere.

I'll take some pics later. I figured it had something to do with a communication device of some kind. The only thing that is strange is that it is under the front seat of an old Volvo I just bought. I can't find out where the wire is running but it is going somewhere.

What it is from most likely to least.

1. Car Phone.

2. Epic Tech of which we can hack.

3. Tracking Device.

It's an analog car phone; sounds like you found just the base and not the handset.

Here's the NAM programming instructions: http://www.cellbanter.com/showthread.php?t=309

Older cellphones often have discrete enough components that they can be easily modified/played with. Back in the day, a common modification was to tap off the clock and data pins on the micro and interface them to a computer to decode the NRZ datastream and pick up 'pairs' (valid customer's ESN+MIN combinations that could be programmed into another phone to make free calls).

You can also pull the PA (power amplifier) out and build a cellphone jammer around it...

It's an analog car phone; sounds like you found just the base and not the handset.

Here's the NAM programming instructions: http://www.cellbanter.com/showthread.php?t=309

Older cellphones often have discrete enough components that they can be easily modified/played with. Back in the day, a common modification was to tap off the clock and data pins on the micro and interface them to a computer to decode the NRZ datastream and pick up 'pairs' (valid customer's ESN+MIN combinations that could be programmed into another phone to make free calls).

You can also pull the PA (power amplifier) out and build a cellphone jammer around it...

That sounds fun. I might do that. I've been wanting a cellphone jammer.

You basically put a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) before the PA and sweep it with a triangle wave (or something more random, if you prefer). The PA amplifies the noise and you have your jammer. On the other hand, a small jammer (10 ft radius of operation) is available for only 30 bucks from a popular Chinese retailer...