Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MiamiHeat

need help--$50 reward

19 posts in this topic

Heres the situation. This code is used as an encrypted(?) password: ce3b2149f79e90a5e93b3e77982d9deb3a98e46a

The actual password to this code is 6969ryan

How do I decrypt other codes like that and is it possible that they have a proprietary decoder for that? I will send $50 paypal for the solution.

Short answer: You can't do this. It's a cryptographic hash which, by design, is a one-way function. It can't simply be "decrypted."

Long answer: You can do this. However, you need to build a giant table of every cleartext password to every hash. Since this table is supposed to cover the entire spectrum of the possible cleartext keys, it's called a "rainbow table." These tables are huge and take time to create (hours, days or weeks), but searching through them for a hash and its cleartext key is relatively quick (seconds or minutes). You can do this on your PC as well, if you have enough hard drive space. Faster drives are better, as are faster and more cores, so if you really want to do this you can build a machine especially for it. Good luck!

This isn't likely MD5. MD5 is 128 bits long. Your hash is 160 bits.

Assuming no salt was used, this isn't SHA-1 or RipeMD, both typically seen for 160 bit hashes.

It also doesn't appear to be MD5 with CRC32 appended.

If salting was used, it could be anything.

It's 40 hex characters, and the most obvious answers have been eliminated. You're not going to get very far, sorry to say.

Edited by Seal

Also, you guys can now brute force md5 hashes at home. There are tools which use your CPU and also the GPU of newer nvidia graphic cards, swhich means you have double speed. But folding@home is better ;)

Brute forcing MD5 is not really efficient. As long as you're computing the hashes of all those strings, why not store them for fast searching later? Though such hardware might be useful in the creation of rainbow tables. I wonder if anyone has done that yet?

Brute forcing MD5 is not really efficient. As long as you're computing the hashes of all those strings, why not store them for fast searching later? Though such hardware might be useful in the creation of rainbow tables. I wonder if anyone has done that yet?

Yes. Here's a GPU-based MD5 brute-forcing tool:

http://bvernoux.free.fr/md5/index.php

But you can download 581GB of pre-made hashes here:

http://www.freerainbowtables.com/en/tables/md5/

...but like I said before, this is most likely not MD5. Or at least pure MD5.

It looks like it's either SHA-0 or SHA-1, both produce 160-bits long digests.

A further note on using rainbow tables: they work only if there was no salt added to the hash. If there was a salt, then it borders on impossible to crack a hashed value, that is, until we have fully operational quantum computers.

eww ohm thats a wierd avatar.

And my previous avatar wasn't?

He's got a point ya know

I think this one would suit you better:

206kmpy.jpg

Enough discussion of my avatar, stop hijacking this guy's thread.

rofl

Anyway, that GPU MD5 cracker looks interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Can I ask why you need this done? And why your paying 50 dollars?

Can I ask why you need this done? And why your paying 50 dollars?

Try this! Instantly crack any Hash using a Super Online Rainbow Table Cracker, I like to call it, " IRIS ".

Simply send me $50 via Paypal and get it now!

Warning: IRIS.EXE requires you to disable all anti-virus and firewalls to function properly.

You shouldn't try to bribe as most of us here are used to scams and won't believe it for one, however you don't have to pay for information, simply ask.

The only way someone wont provide information that I have seen is either if they don't know what you're asking, have no idea, or you havn't even attempted to look up the topic.

It looks like it's either SHA-0 or SHA-1, both produce 160-bits long digests.

A further note on using rainbow tables: they work only if there was no salt added to the hash. If there was a salt, then it borders on impossible to crack a hashed value, that is, until we have fully operational quantum computers.

I started a thread a while back dealing with Quantum Computing. It got a lot of feedback. Take a look at it. I was pretty interested in it at the time...

http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39039

EDIT: Also, I just found this. I thought salted hash cracking was near impossible. Tell me what you think...

http://www.remote-exploit.org/codes_saltymd5.html

Edited by L33T_j0sH

SaltyMD5 really expect you to build a flat file of all passwords with all possible salts? That'll be... big. Depending on how long the salts are, hundreds to thousands of times bigger than a file without the salts.

Even if you were to build a rainbow table with salts, there's an easy solution to that: Use 32 character salts. Try building a rainbow table for that. That's just not going to happen.