flarn2006

Verizon FiOS TechWizard leaked!

5 posts in this topic

EDIT: I'm sorry, but I was told not to put it on the Internet by the installation guy. And he might see it on here and sue or something. :(

Earlier today the Verizon guy was at our house to install some additional cable boxes, and I saw that he was running a program off his flash drive which wasn't distributed to customers. So I quickly copied it to my computer. :lol: But I can't get it to work, as it says it's missing a configuration file. It even says to make sure it's being run from the approved thumb drive! :P However, by using Process Manager, I managed to figure out the config file it was looking for was called config.xml. I tried creating it, but it still gave me the same error. Perhaps someone could help me get it to work? By the way, I know for a fact this program is used to activate STB's. :D

post-4041-1230340354_thumb.png

Edited by flarn2006

flarn, u r k-leet mang.. yo you're gonna have to trace the XML parsing library calls in a debugger to reverse engineer the format of the config.xml nodes. Look at the Strings tab in SysInternals ProcessExplorer, and maybe some of the XML strings will be in there..

If you need help on debugging let me know, this is really interesting i'd like to see how it works

I have a lot of friends that work for Verizon, I will see if I can get this program.

I will ask what it does as well.

Look in your machine... they copy the folder over to your computer and delete the files. I seen the guy copy it to my machine...