antirem

Minneapolis Meet

249 posts in this topic

[quote name='~Total_Blackout~' date='27 December 2009 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1261969346' post='348740']
So we set for Sat, Jan 9 at 3:00 PM?
[/quote]
i believe so

That's good. I go to the the U, so it's not that far of a walk. Edited by Xeno

[quote name='dinscurge' date='02 January 2010 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1262426704' post='348950']
so who's all comin next week?
[/quote]

I should be going.

I should be going as well. Also, this Friday is the 2600 Meeting if anyone wants to show up to that also.
2) We should really look at our own mailing list or something. My $0.02.
3) The Twin City Maker's group, and a local hackerspace has tried to join together to get a universal space for building, hacking, and general nerdiness. They just started, but they are now having an issue in that their space is threatened to be rented out from under them.
The current membership dues is $50 a month, though they might be willing to work with you if you contact them directly.
All information is here http://www.tcmaker.org/blog/?p=740

So the dues I quoted may be incorrect, just refer to the website for any questions.

[img]http://hobones.dogsoft.net/q1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://hobones.dogsoft.net/q2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Xeno' date='10 January 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1263105949' post='349230']
Sorry, but i was unable to go. It was my brother's birthday.
[/quote]

no worries mate. Happy birthday to your brother

I'm wondering if we can get a number of us together to tour the prairie island nuclear power plant. I've never been in a power plant before and I'm wondering if they'd give us a tour if I email them saying that we have a small group of interested people. Anyone want to go?

hmm.. id go if they'd let us, but theres a pretty good chance they wont, they tend to freak out for security now, like have to go thru checkpoints theres arm guards and shiz. theres also a lockheed martin building somewheres (dont remember exactly where) went there with first never realy had a tour but it was still pretty sweet.

I am so down for a tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have some sort of lame tour for groups. It would defiantly be better if we could organize a larger group, maybe try and get some U students or something.
Do you have a contact for a plant around here?

Also, in case you havn't seen it, here is the fruit of labor of someone border, 419 scammers, and photoshop. Enjoy. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177394

[quote name='crypto' date='13 January 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1263399363' post='349319']
I am so down for a tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have some sort of lame tour for groups. It would defiantly be better if we could organize a larger group, maybe try and get some U students or something.
Do you have a contact for a plant around here?

Also, in case you havn't seen it, here is the fruit of labor of someone border, 419 scammers, and photoshop. Enjoy. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177394
[/quote]

Unfortunately I do no have a contact. I'll call them up and say we have a group of ten people. Does ten sound reasonable? between all the meetings I imagine we can get at least ten.

[quote name='SigFLUP' date='13 January 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1263411108' post='349326']

Unfortunately I do no have a contact. I'll call them up and say we have a group of ten people. Does ten sound reasonable? between all the meetings I imagine we can get at least ten.
[/quote]

yeah that should work. any news on it?

[quote name='dinscurge' date='16 January 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1263694007' post='349464']
[quote name='SigFLUP' date='13 January 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1263411108' post='349326']

[/quote]

[/quote]

They told me to call someone else, mlk day is monday so I'm calling on tuesday

[quote name='SigFLUP' date='17 January 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1263708897' post='349480']
[quote name='dinscurge' date='16 January 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1263694007' post='349464']

[/quote]

[/quote]

They told me to call someone else, mlk day is monday so I'm calling on tuesday
[/quote]

No-go :( They don't do tours

ahh. just means i wont get arrested for asking weird questions about fission reactorz, but then i wont be able to make my own >.>

[quote]
This months PenguinsUnbound.com meeting will be
Saturday January 30th at TIES,
1667 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55108
from 10:00am to 12:00pm
(See the web site http://www.penguinsunbound.com for directions and more
info.)

Join SigFLUP ( Thea DeSilva ) in a discussion on how to write tiny code.
You'd be surprised by what you can actually do in less then 4kb. We
will talk about everything from packaging self-extracting programs to
manually writing elf headers.

Hope you are going to be able to make it.

==>brian.
[/quote]

So- I'm going to be here on saturday if anyone is interested in joining. If you go there remember it's the back door to the ties building. That kinda confused me at first

are we having the meeting this saturday or the second again?

[quote name='dinscurge' date='05 February 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1265414590' post='350210']
are we having the meeting this saturday or the second again?
[/quote]

If it's today I can't come. School is kicking my butt right now. If we decide on next week I may have a better chance.

[quote name='Xeno' date='07 February 2010 - 03:20 AM' timestamp='1265530825' post='350244']
I could next week
[/quote]

ok, let's make it next week then. I wasn't there yesterday. Did anyone come?