Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
360sully360

Hacking Programs

17 posts in this topic

Ok i been messing around with cain and able and brutus. What i cant seem to do is sniff passwords on sites. Im probably doing this all wrong but if someone could give me a hint as to how to sniff passwords on a web site. Is it actualy possibe to run a program and it can get usernames and passwords?. Thanx for any replys

What do you mean by "sniff passwords on a site?" Running a program on your computer won't magically let you be able to see all the traffic to and from the website, only the traffic you can sniff on your local network.

Ok i been messing around with cain and able and brutus. What i cant seem to do is sniff passwords on sites. Im probably doing this all wrong but if someone could give me a hint as to how to sniff passwords on a web site. Is it actualy possibe to run a program and it can get usernames and passwords?. Thanx for any replys

Sniffing password is mainly used for wireless networks were you can sit out side the target's building/house with a laptop connected to there insecure network with a sniffer running. You have to be connected to in there LAN to sniff sensitive data weither it be wireless or Ethernet and that's hopping they don't use encryption!

Brutus is a brute-forcing programming for Windows, which basically meaning it just keeps entering passwords until it finally finds the right one. Its very sloppy and noisy.

Ok then thats where i am going wrong. I was told these programs did and they must not my mistake, ok then how do u get usernames and passwords ?

you don't. It can't be done. Move along.

Ok then thats where i am going wrong. I was told these programs did and they must not my mistake, ok then how do u get usernames and passwords ?

Getting access isn't all about just usernames and passwords. You have to realize that pen testing isn't only a one way door through authentication. I would suggest if you are ACTUALLY interested in learning it for real. Start by reading some articles from SecurityFocus or IronGeeks website maybe even Milw0rm but if you just want to be a script kiddie then I wouldn't bother.

By obtaining them.

No, seriously, that question isn't even close to being specific enough to be answered. Usernames and passwords to what? How are you connected to the network? Do you know how LANs work? Do you understand how spoofing and encryption work? Do you understand how man-in-the-middle attacks work?

Those are only a few of the fundamental concepts you have to learn to stop being a script kiddy (ie. "someone told me this program will get me passwords but it doesn't") and really understand what you're doing. Otherwise you're just hoping on pure luck and that's absolutely not what hacking is about.

Getting access isn't all about just usernames and passwords. You have to realize that pen testing isn't only a one way door through authentication. I would suggest if you are ACTUALLY interested in learning it for real. Start by reading some articles from SecurityFocus or IronGeeks website maybe even Milw0rm but if you just want to be a script kiddie then I wouldn't bother.

Thanx will do some reaserch

By obtaining them.

No, seriously, that question isn't even close to being specific enough to be answered. Usernames and passwords to what? How are you connected to the network? Do you know how LANs work? Do you understand how spoofing and encryption work? Do you understand how man-in-the-middle attacks work?

Those are only a few of the fundamental concepts you have to learn to stop being a script kiddy (ie. "someone told me this program will get me passwords but it doesn't") and really understand what you're doing. Otherwise you're just hoping on pure luck and that's absolutely not what hacking is about.

I am a noob and "Do you know how LANs work? Do you understand how spoofing and encryption work? Do you understand how man-in-the-middle attacks work?". No i do not and want to learn. I dont want to offend anyone by my stupidity but im new and want to learn. I hope i aint offended anyone, i will do some research on these subjects and will say thanx for bringing them up thanx

By obtaining them.

I am a noob and "Do you know how LANs work? Do you understand how spoofing and encryption work? Do you understand how man-in-the-middle attacks work?". No i do not and want to learn. I dont want to offend anyone by my stupidity but im new and want to learn. I hope i aint offended anyone, i will do some research on these subjects and will say thanx for bringing them up thanx

Check out irongeeks website.

Intro to sniffers http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/...le-infosec-2008

I dont want to offend anyone by my stupidity but im new and want to learn.

Be aware that it's going to take lots and lots of time to get to know computer-related subjects. To get to know networks, you could read books like the Cisco CCNA guide or just search for some networking ebooks on the Internet. For vulnerability exploiting and a short overview of the techniques, you might want to check out Hacking: The Art Of Exploitation, although, keep that for when you know how Operating Systems work and how to program.

Most of all, once you start reading on some subject and don't understand something, ask a precise question on the forums.

Thanx for the advice guys. I dont want to come across as the guy who wants to know what to do with help all the way and not learn myself. I have been on many torrent sites and seen people hack them and sighn in as the admin and have a laugh in the shout box and basicly take the p**s. They always tell what they did and help make the site more hacker safe. When i seen this done i was like wow and i was hooked on hacking, but as i have now learnt it is not just a 2 min thing and you are a master. I am learning basic <?php ?> as i have been told to do and am reading and doing some more reading.

I have been on many torrent sites and seen people hack them and sighn in as the admin and have a laugh in the shout box and basicly take the p**s.

Again, I'm not sure you've quite understood. What they are doing is not really hacking. It's just idiots and criminals who know how to use a computer. They are exactly the reason we have such a bad reputation.

No-one is offended by your knowledge, so don't worry. We are all learning here, but it is what you are learning and WHY you're learning that's important. If you just want to know how to script and hack so that you can impress your friends on torrent sites then you have the wrong idea. People here will certainly not teach you anything to do with site cracking for malicious purposes.

Think carefully about what you really want. Then you'll have clearer goals and will be able to ask more specific questions.

Good luck anyway buddy, I hope your here for the right reasons.

hmmmmm i would teach you things. but it would cost you

Do tell, Mr. Leet Haxxing Expert.

Lol a few people have said this and i would like to learn myself. Thanx for the offer tho

I dont want to offend anyone by my stupidity but im new and want to learn.

Be aware that it's going to take lots and lots of time to get to know computer-related subjects. To get to know networks, you could read books like the Cisco CCNA guide or just search for some networking ebooks on the Internet. For vulnerability exploiting and a short overview of the techniques, you might want to check out Hacking: The Art Of Exploitation, although, keep that for when you know how Operating Systems work and how to program.

Most of all, once you start reading on some subject and don't understand something, ask a precise question on the forums.

Im am finding the Cisco CCNA guide great thank you