Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evolution

Can you tell me the outputs from digital cameras?

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Haven't been on for awhile but me back! Anyways, this chick is sending me pictures and yes of course I know it's either a scam or a spam. She writes long and all her details and all her personal histry which I'm not really interested in. Like if I don't write her back - she'll continue writing. So, I copied the Email Message Header and did a Email Search and the email is from Russian, Moscow like she said. However, the photo's she sending are a random letter like before it was

r_097.jpg or u_1555.jpg etc..

I'm wondering what program does that or what digital camera puts out that photo. Also, it looks to me it's pictures from Raven Riley. Is there any program that will match up pictures like if you wanted to match faces it will...

Thnks guys! Hope you guys had a good thanksgiving!

Edited by 3v0lut10n

You can check the EXIF data. If the EXIF data in intact, it can tell you what camera took the picture, at what date and what time and technical things like the aperture and exposure time. If that's not there, you can probably assume the file has been renamed as well though.

I seem to remember a list of the filenames different cameras produce, but I can't find it. To give you a start on this list, my Sony camera produces files with names like DSCxxxx.JPG. You have a long way to go because there are quite a few camera makers out there :P

As for facial recognition, I think the new Picasa can do that. If you tag your photos with names, it will figure out who belongs to which name and will automatically tag the rest of your photos with the names of everyone it knows. I think google image search had some feature like that as well. I'm not really sure if that helps you either.

I checked one of the image properties - under the camera model etc.. it doesn't say anything. Plus, i checked with some photos I know that were digital camera taken and it didn't ssay anything under Camera model. I do think that once a file is uploaded then downloaded it does alter the properties - not sure. However, I just checked to see a picture that I took from my camera with the HP file name and it tells me what model, etc.. So, my guess is that it was uploaded and basically do think it's a picture of raven riley - i could check the tinypic.com or tinpic.com or something. Someone gave me that URL once but I'm gonna use Google's help to find it.

OH, here's the picture that the girl sent me.

post-16438-1227960990_thumb.jpg

I do think that once a file is uploaded then downloaded it does alter the properties - not sure.

Uploading and downloading a file does not change its contents. That would just be pointless. If an image hosting site resizes it or something, it may fail to preserve EXIF data though.

You know it's fake anyway, why are you investigating this?

God damn, gotta love Tineye.com they're the best! Yup, they were stolen pictures of Raven Riley. Now, the question is I did a email header search and it gave me somewhere on Russia, Moscow. Is there anything I could do like do an advance search to find the actually real person??

Is there anything I could do like do an advance search to find the actually real person??

No. There is no magical database that matches IP addresses with people. Law enforcement has access to this via court order and a cooperating ISP, but account holder is the closest you'll ever get. There's just no way to tell who sent this.

It's a scam. Some dude wanting you to send them money sent it. It'll end like "I really want to meet you, just send me $1000 for the plane ticket."

yeah, i had the same thing happen this girl named eye_linda did the same shit to me. But however, did some searching and turned out it was a scam. I warned everyone on myspace if anyone see this use or anyone to stay clear.

I can't count how many times I've had spam like "hey I saw ur pic on ur profile... ur cute... maybe we could chat, add me imascam@hotmail.com"

yeah, i had the same thing happen this girl named eye_linda did the same shit to me. But however, did some searching and turned out it was a scam. I warned everyone on myspace if anyone see this use or anyone to stay clear.

If people on myspace are stupid enough to fall for this, too bad for them. Seriously... who would fall for this? A super-attractive woman you've never even met emails you super-sexy photos of herself (good so far) and then asks for money (now it's bad). If you're stupid enough to fall for it, you deserve to lose your money. You're not fit to have it in the first place.

The tags are random, therefore they must be taken from a random dating website or something.

I've surfed a couple in my spare time for the greater good to find this out.

^_^ Phinger.

I can't count how many times I've had spam like "hey I saw ur pic on ur profile... ur cute... maybe we could chat, add me imascam@hotmail.com"

I've been getting a ridiculous amount of these on my msn account over the past few months :cuss:

I had a girl do this (probably some fat hairy dude, really) they said they were from Ukraine which is were I was from. So I messed with them for about 8 emails. They sent me pictures and all that. Then I asked where she was located and I told her I had family near that area. Which is all true (lucky me). So I told her to meet my cousins at there Sambo school they own. Which is true, (Sambo is a form of martial art). But, before she went I told her to send me a pic of her holding a apple in her left hand while standing on her right foot. Needless to say I never heard from them again. The really funny thing was half way through my sherade I left my gmail logged in on my wives computer and she seen my conversations. She was pissed for like three days and I didn't know why until she broke down and told me. I explained the whole thing and had some good laughs. I know leaving my gmail logged in on her pc kinda doesn't look good for some one who works in the IT security field, but what ya gonna do.