Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sycorax

Dreamweaver C4

2 posts in this topic

I there any way I can trick Dreamweaver CS4 into thinking I have 512 mb installed instead of 225mb of ram?

It refuses to install because of the low ram.

Not that I know of. You are just trying to install it and not run it, right? If you don't have the minimum RAM to run it, it's probably just going to thrash swap and be unusable. Installing it should be fine though, installers probably don't take much RAM. Unless of course it allocates a huge buffer because it assumes you have enough memory for it, then it might not work, but I doubt it would do that.

I had a similar problem installing a game with Wine. I ended up having to install it on a different machine and copy it over the network. Though that might not work with Dreamweaver, as it might freak out if all its registry keys are missing or something.

And of course the other solution would to buy more RAM. If you're going to have to try to hack in a nasty solution and end up wasting hours, it may be worth it to just buy more RAM, if only for this purpose. Or borrow more RAM from someone else.