Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gdc2000

Algorithm help

6 posts in this topic

Need some help on figuring out a algorithm. Basically what is boils down to is that 9 numeric characters are entered into the program and it spits out 7 characters ranging from A-Z with all special characters and and numbers being ignored.

So something like: 343252435 would come out and be BFQRTTP (totally inaccurate, just a random example)

I do have a matching set so I do have specific examples. I know for a fact that XXX-XX-XXXX = XXXXXXX in my case but was wondering how they go about getting the output.

I just don't feel like handing over my SSN lol.

Thanks

Think about what you're doing here. You're telling us that this algorithm takes nine numbers and turns it into seven letters. There's a million different ways to do that, and none safe for one will produce the result you want.

You're wasting your time, and ours.

Edited by Seal

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

A L W B M X C N Y D

O Z E P F Q G R H S

I T U J K V

This is all I can figure out, my brain will not compute anymore. I was wrong in my previous post, 9 numbers = 9 letters but the first and last characters are null. Looking at it some more they use the null value as place holders. Does not explain much but maybe somebody smarter then me can figure it out.

Thanks

Edited by bb0029

You're still not telling us what exactly your algorithm is supposed to do. Until you figure it out and tell us, we can't help you.

What I am trying to figure out is internal access points in a program and database. I am trying to find the "keys" in a huge database program. Within this database I am lurking in it goes several layers down and the deeper you go the better the data gets. The problem is you need to be able to translate a set of numbers into a unique set of characters that will identify who you are within the program granting you certain rights and or restrictions according to a profile that is built around your SSN which is then profiled in another system giving you access rights to certain things.

I will give you an example of some data that I have found. I am a big fan of the telco industry lol.

ADSL Node 5

SID: LRVLGAU00341BL5A5230

SIP: 96.132.126.xxx

GIP: 96.132.128.xxx

NIP: 255.255.192.x

I can extract data like this but deeper into the database it shows some cool things in the Network that I can not seem to get access to. It tells me my credentials are not met and require a higher elevation of identity.

Basically if I can figure out how to translate a list of SSN I would increase my chances of finding a elevated user account. The cool thing is that it requires no password of any type, just a username if you want to call it that.

So you've given us more information, but not more _relevant_ information. Anyway, assuming that the algorithm always spits out a 56-bit string, regardless of input size, we can assume that it's a hash. Try to find hashing algorithms that output 56-bit strings. For example, this. Notice that with this algorithm, it appears that the input for this is an unsigned integer, just like that data that you were feeding it. It could be what you're looking for.