Sidepocket

Jim from 2600 is Missing!

16 posts in this topic

My friend Jim, who suffered a stroke last year, left on a day pass Thursday afternoon from the Brooklyn nursing home at which he is being treated. Details are still sparse, but it appears that he became separated from his traveling companion on the subway, and has not been seen or heard from since that day.

While Jim retains his mental faculties and can find his way around as well as anyone, he has great difficulty speaking and some difficulty walking. More importantly, he doesn’t have the daily medication and care he needs to prevent another stroke.

We believe he had around $180 on him at the time. An avid poker player, Jim had mentioned a desire to go to Atlantic City, and it’s possible that he headed there on his own despite his need for daily medical care and monitoring.

The NYPD has been alerted, but we need to make sure the word is spread and that people all over the region are keeping an eye out for him. 2600 have put together this flyer with a toll-free hotline for the reporting of any sightings or information. You can also email Off the Hook on his whereabouts. All help is greatly appreciated.

findjimnow.jpg

If I find him, can I keep the $180 that's in his pocket?

No.

But...I am sure I can contort a prize out of Emmanuel. Such as The Last Hope Box Set or a signed copy of 2600 A Hackers Odyssey.

Only a true slice of idiot cake seasoned with loser-spice would make such a disgusting comment as you.

You make your mother proud boy.

Wishing the best for Jim, sad to see this happen :-(

woohoo, he's alive!

Edited by r4p1d

That "traveling companion" was a fucking idiot. How do you lose a human being whom you know needs assistance? What a fuckwad.

am i having deja-vu, or has he been missing before? i looked it up i was thinking of when he had a stroke and it was mentioned on the show. i hope he gets back ok.

We JUST got word that Jim came back to the nursing home on his own. He's been rushed to a hospital for evaluation. Thanks to everyone for their help on this. We'll have updates soon I hope.

That "traveling companion" was a fucking idiot. How do you lose a human being whom you know needs assistance? What a fuckwad.

Have you SEEN the US subway system? Well I haven't so I guess I can't really talk about that... Ahem.

Anyway, glad he's back under care, and such...

Edited by chown

Have you SEEN the US subway system? Well I haven't so I guess I can't really talk about that... Ahem.

Anyway, glad he's back under care, and such...

I am assuming you are not a US citizen due to your response so let me make some thing clear:

There is no such thing at "the US Subway System". The country is so large and makes so much use of it's land, that each system runs on their own rules and are judged locally rather than nation wide.

Not to mention that Stank Dawg has spoken and done shows at the HOPE Conference, so it is 90% likely he has used the NYC Subway at one point or another.

Apparently the US is not the only group of people that are ignorant of other people's cultures and customs.

You could theoretically lose someone in the NYC Subway, however, that is expected of a tourist. It is a given that these people live in the city and since they take them out they should know there way around. There fore while it is possible to lose someone, as long as you maintain the basics of "not get my stuff/pet/person stolen" then all should be well.

This is why it is the woman's fault. An item, yes. Pet/Child, maybe. A 50 year old very tall man...WTF!?

Edited by Sidepocket

Sidepocket, if you're going to try to school someone, you might want to check twice your grammar and punctuation.

Yes, perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling are always required on internet forums. This is important. Because it's the internet.

Even the slightest details matter when one attempts (in this case fails) to debate or refute another's claims.

Even the slightest details matter when one attempts (in this case fails) to debate or refute another's claims.

...and what if it so happens if said person has a neurological disorder where by they have a hard time hand writing, not to mention spelling out words physically, a form of dyslexia if you will that they have been battling since childhood. Were way back when, they have been battling it back when they could not make out any sentence in any language and is damn proud to be where said person is in this point and time in their improved ability and to keep on working on it.

In short: Your spelling and punctuation over all does not equal your intelligence. Many people can spell correctly and these are the same people that failed the stock market, caused wars or generally made idiots of them self's.

P.S.

Fuck You.

P.S.S.

You really need a sarcasm detector. <_<

P.S.S.S.

How the hell did I "fail" the debate. Please look at the debate itself and tell me, logically, how I failed it. Never mind spelling and fancy graphics. If that is all you look for in a debate than I am sorry, this explains why everyone voted for Bush. "OH CRAP, SCROLLING TEXT! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!" -,-;

Edited by Sidepocket

Summary:

Jim from 2600 is safe and found again.

The person who "lost" him is a fucktard to the highest degree.

INTERNET == SERIOUS BUSINESS!

The end.

*thread closed*