levitis_leviathan

Hacking History on History Channel

12 posts in this topic

Check out the History Channel @ 12:00 AM (midnight) eastern tonight (9-27-08) for Bre Pettis' new docu "Hacking History".

Edited by levitis_leviathan

It was on at 8. Thanks, now I missed it.

anyone happen to record it and want to share it?

Sorry for incorrect time above...

HACKING HISTORY IS ON AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT--12:00 AM on 9-27-08.

Damn it. I missed it. Anyone know anything about where I can get a hold of it or if they are going to be showing it again?

EDIT: I just checked on the site and it says they are showing it 12am eastern tonight (9-26-08)

Schedule for 26th

EDIT EDIT: clearly we posted that at roughly the same time so sorry for not seeing your post levitis

Edited by Mr. E

I recorded it and watched but don't really have any way to capture the video and encode it. The show is interesting but it's kinda heavy on effects and some of the dialog is kinda awkward. It's obvious that they dumbed it down some and they are are trying to hold the attention of those who would generally no be interested in the topics discussed in it. Not a bad show and definitely worth watching.

That's Bre Pettis. He does other videos, including the make magazine podcast. You've probably seen him there.

I've got the File somewhere I think but I don't think it'l be a good idea to upload it somewhere cuz it should be REALLY big. If you have a good idea how to load it up without much trouble tell me and I may be able to upload it (if I really got it ... still somewhere).

Yours, HaNoCr.

2. PIRATED CONTENT / COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL / WAREZ

Do not link to, post, or ask for pirated software, copyrighted audio files, copyrighted books, and other material to which you do not own redistribution rights. You are allowed to discuss filesharing on the forums and even talk about specific filenames you've seen online, but uploading or linking to such material is not allowed. If you link to a site with free content, then it is your responsibility to ensure that the site is of a reputable nature and not just a distribution point for pirated material. If it appears to the moderating team that your intent in linking to a site is the distribution of pirated content, then you are in violation of this rule.

If you do have it, don't link to it here. I'll just wait for it to be on again, they usually keep showing these shows for a month or so.

Acquiring now. Will view and comment tomorrow night ;-)