spider993993

Whats your Hacking Music?

40 posts in this topic

Well, for me the best for "getting in the mood" to code/hack is some trance or some electronic, or any song of the Hackers soundtrack(except the sexy one). When im really focused either total silence, space sounds(awesome stations on shoutcast) or chillout ambient music are fine. As said, any song i like might distract me or get me out of the zone.

Lately I've been listening to Ladytron while coding. It's usually some mix of metal/industrial/trance. Metal is especially appropriate in the workshop, to drown out both the server rack and the machine tools.

I agree with TOI. But jazz is really soothing and I like that on late nights.

Nobody has said KMFDM yet.

Depends on the mood and what tasks I am doing. But mostly electronic or classical, some times even metal if I'm frustrated.

I listen to all sorts of music. here's just a small taste:

metal

slayer, megadeth, amon amarth, iron maiden, anything else I happen to hear.

prog rock like yes and ozric tentacles

some more classical stuff, like prokofiev's scythian suite, Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture, and gustav holst's planets suite (jupiter FTW)

classic rock like rush, AC/DC and led zeppelin

goldfinger. i've got to find some more ska.

and of course, electronic and video game music.

super mario 64 OST, legend of zelda OoT and major's mask soundtracks, shadow of the colossus soundtrack, uplink, aphex twin, infected mushroom, etc. i need to grab some more electronic. my friend's DJ'ing at a rave in a few days, i guess i'll see if he has any he'll give me.

EDIT: also, i'm sure somebody could make something interesting with samples from this: http://www.bloopwatch.org/bloop_realtime_nr.wav it's the real-time recording of the bloop (wikipedia it)

Edited by zandi

Good question. I gotta say it depends on what i'm doing, the mood im in and my favourite band at the time.

Usually it changes between

random tracks (what ever my playlist spits out at me, pretty much from every genre but if its on random im usually not concentrating so i dont notice when a genre plays that i dont like)

zealous1 or spamtec (if im doing something naughty B) )

Beefy

MC frontalot

mc chris (not so much any more)

random nerdcore tracks

Rasputina (awesome band!)

jpop/jrock

alot of classical music

I like to listen to a whole wide range of things, ranging from The Prodigy and the Chemical Brothers, right up to VNV Nation. When I am in the right mood Finnish death metal and other European metal stuff :)

I like to listen to a whole wide range of things, ranging from The Prodigy and the Chemical Brothers, right up to VNV Nation. When I am in the right mood Finnish death metal and other European metal stuff :)

The prodigy. Rammstein. Lil' wayne.

:roll: Anything by Nine Inch Nails or Marilyn Manson works for me

It depends on what I'm doing... If I'm idly playing around its Catch22, Streetlight Manifesto, Billy Joel and the Dropkick Murphys. If I really need to concentrate then Its the Om Lounge by Thievery Corporation.

Zandi- If your interested in Ska, might I suggest Streetlight Manifesto, Catch22, Mad Caddies, Save Ferris, Less Than Jake or Reel Big Fish. Streetlight Manifesto's Every Thing Goes Numb album is fantastic as well as Catch22's Keasby Nights. The song Leavin by Mad Caddies is my new favorite.

Edited by 0mega24

Just listening to the album Death Certificate by Ice Cube.

40's and shit 'yo.