neuro

whose computers contain duct tape?

48 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

just curious. all 3 computers currently at my desk utilize duct tape. :lol:

I put it on only for looks, as I actually regularly update my hardware. Kinda like the time I put band-aids and butterflies on my face to compliment my post-bike-accident bloodshot left eye and ace bandaged wrist.

SO LONELY :(

My other computer does. It didn't have mounting brackets for more than 2 hard drives so I just rigged something up inside with a static bag and some duct tape.

I've got duct tape holding the slot 1 processor in one of my P2 machines. One of the upright brackets broke when I dropped the MBD during an upgrade. Everything still works tho.

PF

on my better computer (which doesn't work yet...) i have a big ol' thermalake heatsink but i had no screws to put a fan on it. i ended up having to duct tape a fan to it. i have SOOO many fans, but i never seem to have the right kind. duct tape helps make them work

all the fan wires coming from the fanbus are insulated with duct tape...

one of my friends has his p4 taped down with duct tape, and it still works, its been taped down for about a year now

i use duct tape to hold he battery into my laptop, strap a network card down in one of my 486 boxes, and it holds a cover on a slot in my tablet.

lol yeah I made a duct out of some cardboard to healp lower the noise/temperature of my volcano 7 (jet-engine) fan...weird part is that I once was so used to hearing the fan that I had to turn my computer on to :WHAT: get to sleep...a quiet room just didnt seem right. :huh:

Electrical tape is my preference. Electrical tape lasts longer than duct tape. Duct tape is far stronger becuase of the integrated fabric, hence it's better for jobs like holding wires to piping or other wires. Clear plastic tape is best when you've got to deal with moisture.

As for what I'v got in my boxen, I use wire ties. Tape is good, but it leaves a sticky resedue. When wire ties fail, it's time for tape.

Electrical tape is my preference. Electrical tape lasts longer than duct tape. Duct tape is far stronger becuase of the integrated fabric, hence it's better for jobs like holding wires to piping or other wires. Clear plastic tape is best when you've got to deal with moisture.

As for what I'v got in my boxen, I use wire ties. Tape is good, but it leaves a sticky resedue. When wire ties fail, it's time for tape.

hahaha, "When wire ties fail, it's time for tape"

it sounds like propaganda for tape :lol:

no, but this is almost as ghetto: I have a shitty e-machine which has nil expandability. So I added a 3.5" bay using erector.

I also have a telephone mounted to the side of my monitor with duct tape (It's actually a cradle for my beige box which I use at home as well as out and about) :lol:

lol yeah I made a duct out of some cardboard to healp lower the noise/temperature of my volcano 7 (jet-engine) fan...weird part is that I once was so used to hearing the fan that I had to turn my computer on to :WHAT: get to sleep...a quiet room just didnt seem right. :huh:

lol ohh dude i know that feeling.... my roomie decided to mod his xbox with 2 volc. 7... on in the back and one on top..... that thing is so loud you can't talk when its on