Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rakshit

Telnet how?

8 posts in this topic

How can we use Telnet .. to an address by spoofing our IP address..... or is their a way to proxy the telnet connection?

Spoofing a TCP connection and doing anything worthwhile with it is Hard.

You could look into some kind of anonymizing SOCKS proxy, that would probably work with telnet.

The creator/developer of Cain & Abel has an app called sterm that will spoof IP and MAC addresses in telnet sessions. Because it uses ARP poisoning it will probably only work on the LAN. sTerm

Well i have heard....... some sophisticated hackers makes use of something called wingate?(perhaps something else, appologies for not knowing the exact term) to conect different telnet ... just to hide their tracks.

Since Telnet is on port 23 , is it that Proxies based on port 23 will only work or Http/Socks proxies can also be used.

only work on the LAN. sTerm

Isn't there anything else , that can be used beyond Lan. Say i wanna proxy telnet connection from Uk to Usa .So what should be the criteria regarding that?

you could use Tor or any sort or form of encrypted tunnel like SSH.

Depends on what you want to do, If you want to secure Telnet and HAVE to use telnet you could pipe it down a SSH tunnel. If anonymity is imporant then you want to use something like Tor. Or you could hack yourself some Tier 1/2 ISP routers :)

If you're using a linux distro, you can use torify. I used this to set it up. However, I'm not sure if I just did that, I might have done other stuff to get it working. Sorry for my bad memory.

If this has not been said already look into a program called Putty and if you want it portable the program PortaPutty ( i LOL at that all the time) It has various telnet options as well as many more. I think you'll like it.