b21niles

Admin Password

15 posts in this topic

You could do the typical, Boot fro Live CD and and run some sort of cracking program.

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

I've used this before in various situations, works great.

[edit]

This won't GIVE you the password, but lets you re-set it .... not exactly what you asked for, but I figured it might still be useful ...

Edited by Outis

How do I obtain an admin passpard on a computer running Windows XP?

Ask someone who knows it?

You've not given nearly enough information to go on. What is it you're trying to accomplish?

you can use something like ultimatebootcd or erd commander

you can boot using one of those cd's and both of them have applications that can change the admin password,of course you must have physical access to the computer

How do I obtain an admin passpard on a computer running Windows XP?

goto start->run->type in cmd->in cmd write net user-> then net user admin and then u can change his password typing net user admin (and the password after admin)

thats what u mean right ? :wacko:

In the unlikely even that the OP ever returns to see if he got any responses... keep in mind that he asked how to GET the password, not how to RESET it to something else. Those are two very different questions.

(And, of course, one is more useful to a sysadmin and one is more useful to someone trying to do something they shouldn't.)

its not my place to pass jugement and make assumptions, it is however my place to answer peoples questions when they post on the forums.

Indeed... and you answered the question that was asked. Others answered a different question. :)

To me, this sounds like another teenager wanting to know how to get the admin pass for school, which is not what these forums are for. I hope this is not considered "nubie flaming". If so, I apologize.

Anyway, so that I am at least contributing something, Ophcrack is always a good way to go.

He never mentioned what he wanted it for, and it is a legit question. If he'd said "hey doodz, how do I haxor my school's computer, I need administrator password!", that would be something different entirely. This is just a discussion about how to crack passwords.

I'd start with this. It's best to understand how it works before you really start digging in.

I know, I was just saying that it is most likely what he wants it for. That happens a lot. But, in case this was a legit post and he really was interested in learning about it, I added the Ophcrack link. Sorry. ;)

Dude, I feel your pain. In my case, my BIOS is locked with a password, the case of the computer is sealed, and I only have a guest account. I, too, want to find a way to unlock windows admin without booting from a liveCD. This link is sort of useful, but I can't rename cmd.exe as a guest. Oh, and btw, I am the legit owner of this computer. And I can't run cmd, regedit, commmand.com, or batch files. All I can do is VBS, which I am a total newb at.

><

idk a way to get a admin password but you can change it threw CMD

goto cmd type:

net user

net user "username" *

then type the password

dont be alarmed if the cursor doesnt move, it wont

goto cmd type:

net user

net user "username" *

then type the password

This is a dead thread, and someone had already posted the same exact information.

Pay attention. I'm not a mod or anything, this just irritates me.

Edited by r4p1d

goto cmd type:

net user

net user "username" *

then type the password

><

Dude, I just said I can't use cmd or batch. VBS using wscript.exe is a major security loophole in almost all networked computers, which doesn't help, cuz the only thing I know in VBS is ejecting the CD drive. And btw, that trick is soooooooo old. Here is another one that would work on the old Win2k computers: rename cmd.exe into logon.scr and wait for the screen saver to load up, which would launch cmd under the permissions of "SYSTEM." Unfortunately, this doesn't work anymore, as WinXP loads logon.scr as the current user. r4p1d is right. I'm not flaming you, but either make a suggestion that others don't know about, or get some knowledge to stop being a newb.

Edited by ShadowX360