Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StankDawg

I always wonder if worlds collide at binrev

28 posts in this topic

I just find it an amusing possibility that with so many threads of both types here, there is the entirely realistic chance (albeit slim) that someone who is trying to hack their school posts here about it while at the same time an admin from that school posts asking how to stop someone at their school from hacking their system. Look at just the headers of these threads and you are tempted to put them in touch with each other!

If this ever happens...it would be EPIC! The 0wnage would be legendary.

LOL I was thinking the same thing the other day. I was also thinking wow there sure is more school posts then I have ever seen on here.

I was also thinking wow there sure is more school posts then I have ever seen on here.

End of August is "Back to School" time. :)

All the kids have to get on their myspace while on school.

I always wondered why kids NEEDED to have access to their myspace at school.

You are there to learn...How about learn how to get pass your schools filter.

It would seem that most of their myspace friends would be people from school, so why would you need to access your page while at school. i dont get it, maybe because i dont get into the whole social networking faggotry, that is myspace, twitter, facebook etc etc

Going with that.

Can't you have social networking at school in person. You are at a place where 3000 people go and are there till about 2:30 (if you do not have Sports or Early Releases). I find it hard that you can not find at lease one person in each class to talk to. Why must grade schoolers go and talk to their friends on social netwoking sites when they can do it in person. Can they not wait 1 period to talk to their friends. <_<

Talk about the ADD insecure generation

Well, I'm 14, so I'll give a high schooler's perspective on why people go on myspace at school. Most people go on myspace at school and talk to their friends who have myspaces. I think it partly has to do with teen rebellion, and the fact that they think it's cool to go on myspace at school. They probably brag to their friends about going on myspace during school and not getting caught. Most people use the social networking sites as a way to express themselves, take up their time, and talk to their friends. Others use it to build relationships one on one, without having to talk to the other person's friends. Let's say you like this girl or guy, you would talk to him or her on myspace and build up a relationship and then start hanging out with him or her during school. It's a way of strengthening bonds with other people without having to talk to them in front of their friends or in person. That's just my two cents. :)

I was also thinking wow there sure is more school posts then I have ever seen on here.

I understand it is back to school time, I work at one. I was just saying I believe there is more posts about school than there was this time last year. Maybe not. It just seems that way.

I understand it is back to school time, I work at one. I was just saying I believe there is more posts about school than there was this time last year. Maybe not. It just seems that way.

Hmmm... Well, if they aren't online they're texting. If they aren't texting they're listening to ipods. What would happen if these kids had to go a month without electronic devices...?

hmm let's see... why do kids want to be on myspace at school. well, school is boring, school is unpleasant, teachers are stupid, other kids are mean, myspace is more interesting than school, schools censoring myspace is a form of oppression just begging to be circumvented, it's fun to hack around roadblocks stupidly constructed by a mindless system, public education is a scam, humans are social beings and the internet is creating a wider pool of social opportunities...... I could go on and on and on. If I were in school I'd try to get on myspace too. It's a no-brainer.

hmm let's see... why do kids want to be on myspace at school. well, school is boring, school is unpleasant, teachers are stupid, other kids are mean, myspace is more interesting than school,

I thought other kids are mean?

schools censoring myspace is a form of oppression just begging to be circumvented,

Not really.

it's fun to hack around roadblocks stupidly constructed by a mindless system,

Until you get suspended, that is.

public education is a scam, humans are social beings and the internet is creating a wider pool of social opportunities......

But I thought the other kids are mean?

I could go on and on and on. If I were in school I'd try to get on myspace too. It's a no-brainer.

I couldn't think of a better comment than the last sentence of your post.

hmm let's see... why do kids want to be on myspace at school. well, school is boring, school is unpleasant, teachers are stupid, other kids are mean, myspace is more interesting than school,

schools censoring myspace is a form of oppression just begging to be circumvented,

Not really.

public education is a scam, humans are social beings and the internet is creating a wider pool of social opportunities......

I could go on and on and on. If I were in school I'd try to get on myspace too. It's a no-brainer.

Dude, no offense, but why does it seem to me that you just post if you want to express that you disagree with someone?

Not really.

Dude, no offense, but why does it seem to me that you just post if you want to express that you disagree with someone?

Because then the idiots of the world would go unchallenged. Also, I was hoping for more Powerman 5000 in this thread when I read the title.

hak ur school & get laid!!!!1111111

Yeah! Who needs school? Everybody knows the Internet is the best tool for learning how to do research, respectfully contribute relevant information to a debate, and spell words properly.

well, school is boring, school is unpleasant, teachers are stupid, other kids are mean, myspace is more interesting than school, schools censoring myspace is a form of oppression just begging to be circumvented, it's fun to hack around roadblocks stupidly constructed by a mindless system, public education is a scam, humans are social beings and the internet is creating a wider pool of social opportunities...... I could go on and on and on. If I were in school I'd try to get on myspace too. It's a no-brainer.

I think that no comment (save perhaps this very one) can do any kind of justice to the above sentiment. I can neither add nor take anything away from it and still retain the severity of its accidental implications.

Well done, sir. You rest your case.

I'm in college and may be speaking out of my boundary of knowledge here, but I used to screw around in high school cause I was bored. High school was so easy that I had time to waste online. I took some "computer graphics" class in HS that was such a joke, I used 80% of the class time to play games and surf the web. Today in college, I'm not so lucky...more time constraints (and better things to do).

I'm in college and may be speaking out of my boundary of knowledge here, but I used to screw around in high school cause I was bored. High school was so easy that I had time to waste online. I took some "computer graphics" class in HS that was such a joke, I used 80% of the class time to play games and surf the web. Today in college, I'm not so lucky...more time constraints (and better things to do).

Yeah, HS is crap compared to college.

Thought I'd bring us back on topic here. I have heard of accidental meetings on WinServer2003 forums with people trying to get admin rights, while their admin of the same company was teaching them how without knowing. I'm sure it could happen here at Binrev as the odds of people being connected is getting smaller every day.

Sort of reminds me of an old chat forum story where a guy was bragging that he had laid this chick after visiting a famous NY night club and lied about using a rubber. She just happened to be on the same chat forum as him, put 2 + 2 together and went positively mental.

In fact, how do we know that we binrev users, aren't talking to people we already know, hiding behind our avatars?

Thought I'd bring us back on topic here. I have heard of accidental meetings on WinServer2003 forums with people trying to get admin rights, while their admin of the same company was teaching them how without knowing. I'm sure it could happen here at Binrev as the odds of people being connected is getting smaller every day.

Sort of reminds me of an old chat forum story where a guy was bragging that he had laid this chick after visiting a famous NY night club and lied about using a rubber. She just happened to be on the same chat forum as him, put 2 + 2 together and went positively mental.

In fact, how do we know that we binrev users, aren't talking to people we already know, hiding behind our avatars?

I've thought about this a few times. I have metioned this site and a few others to a few of the students before. I would not be surprised at all. And if any of the students that go to my school are on here and wants to talk I am open for discusion any time. My door at the school is always open.

Reminds me of that running gag from the first season of Strangers With Candy, when all the teachers would tell Jerri Blank, "Please close the door on your way out."

mayte one time, back at school, they got this new website that they paid 3 grand for or something man and it was a rubbish, anyway it really blagged me that the whole school was falling apart

and they just paid 3G for a website from a 'leading' design company with admin:admin on their root ftp, so I posted on HackThisSite (being the skiddie I was) complaining in digust. But being the complete idiot i was

i also linked to the site so they had a mass load of traffic logging into their ftp, and loads of referrers from this hts thread.

but what got me was that the IT technician at the school was a member of hackthissite, and read the forum post

this thread just reminded me, ha

the children in hs dont go to myspace or face book to rebel they go online because there all conformists and rebel by being trying to be exactly like everyone else at their school, atleast at my hs they dont just beg to be hacked they let you modifiy the login script, i dont know change every log in to be a admin and go any site you want i dont know its not all that hard to just set up a mirror site or whatever. that or just talk to people at your school and you can go talk to random people its not all that hard to do when teachers signatures (some of them) are totally random lines and circles and can easily fake it some of them dont even look like letters at all just bunch of circles and lines going through them, and wow grab a few passess and go anywhere you or your friends want to talk post-15812-1221353227_thumb.jpg wow an actual pass i didnt even have to copy it because the teacher didnt write any info in not to hard to forge

Edited by dinscurge

I seriously do not see why you'd want to hack the school network...The information is often stored off-server downtown.

Check your Myspace at school...Why? I never need myspace because I just need to look up my old freinds in the phone book :P

In my case I always went to second cup during lunch and grabbed a coffee and a biscotti and checked my crap such as my email.

I just got a cellphone about 4 days ago and I never call anybody with it... I have no need to when I can just pick up a payphone and use my stringed quarter or a couple divertors :P

Teenagers these days are rich bastards who dont know the value of a dollar.

:roll: I had to WORK for my cellphone, I had to WORK for my computers, I had to WORK for my knowledge.

I may not have a sweet car, because I dont need one, just a nice scooter to GTFO from the fuzz :P

I may not have the newest PC, because I built all 4 of my PCs from recycled parts :P I am a Green Phreaker :P

TEENAGERS THESE DAYS SUCK AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR LIVES WHICH ARE FREAKING GOLD COMPARED TO MOST OF OURS.

Edited by IndexPhinger

BinRev being visited by opposite parties on the same basic query is highly probable. If you think about it bugtraq, milw0rm etc are visited pretty much only by the security professionals and the crackers that are trying to attack them. In this day in age the security guy at company A may also be the guy trying to break in to company B at night on his off time for fun/education and the information he uses was probably taken from the same places for it. the BinRev forums are very deeply indexed on google so when searching nearly any hacking topic from either side of the fence you will more than likely end up with BinRev as your results at some point in time. Though tracking if people are doing this on BinRev would take some time and be a violation of privacy in many cases you [stank] as the owner could definetly have some fun comparing IPs if you wanted to.