Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackfalcon

Challenging Hack

9 posts in this topic

Well, last year after I hacked into the computer lab's admin account in my school, they decided to beef up their security measures. (I think they are testing me) I'm trying to crack the admin password of their Windows XP boxes, but they have locked down the computers with very minimal privilege settings and a BIOS password so booting from a cd or usb requires its knowledge. So far, I'm stumped, any ideas? If I can get the SAM file copied, I can handle it from there. Anyone know how to do that from inside windows without Admin?

If you would have made a hypothetical post, I'd be able to give you a hypothetical answer, instead you've made anyone who helps you an accessory to your crime. More importantly, if you think that they are testing you, than that means they detected your intrusion last time, and were not happy about it, so you should take that as a warning. Don't get yourself thrown in jail because you think that people will admire you. Most computers, if not near all, are easily broken into once you have physical access, if you want to play around in a safe environment, that's fine, but don't risk your own well being just to prove to yourself that you can one up the school administrator.

What's so important on the school computers that's worth this kind of risk to you anyway?

Also, Intent is important.

By stating your intent, that makes [stankdawg] liable for any actions that may result from the responses posted here. It can be claimed that [stank] not only allowed, but encouraged it by allowing the thread to exist and allow responses to it. This is one of the reasons that [binrev has] certain rules.

Further Information/Source: http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37282

So far, I'm stumped, any ideas?

Pay attention in class, and stop trying to "hack" your school's computers. There are more productive things you can be doing with your time.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the circumstances of my cracking. I am manager of the said computer lab at a large university. (I don't control the passwords however) It is my job to test the security of these machines and have been thus authorized to try and defeat these measures as long as I do not alter or delete any current passwords. Sorry for the discrepancy.

Edited by blackfalcon

if the drive isnt encrypted you could mount it in a different computer.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the circumstances of my cracking. I am manager of the said computer lab at a large university. (I don't control the passwords however) It is my job to test the security of these machines and have been thus authorized to try and defeat these measures as long as I do not alter or delete any current passwords. Sorry for the discrepancy.

For a manager of a computer lab you sure have limited access.

Now that's just weak. If you're going to lie, at least try to make it believable.

See my earlier response to your post.

Thread closed.